U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 06:30 PM

11,456 posts, read 6,571,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Idk if this is a dumb question but are you black and I do feel that Jamaicans are at the highest point of preferring white and Latina woman compared to other islanders!
No I'm not black lol. Which is why I don't mean to speak on behalf of black men, but I was just stating my observations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 09:32 AM

1,991 posts, read 864,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
No I'm not black lol. Which is why I don't mean to speak on behalf of black men, but I was just stating my observations.
Oh ok no worries I just wanted to know.

Old 02-24-2018, 08:59 AM

2,194 posts, read 1,295,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
Before this topic gets thrown out or deleted, I think everyone lives everywhere now and within 20 years the lines between cultures are going to become so blurred that it won't even matter.
Not the case in most states

Old 02-24-2018, 10:55 PM

197 posts, read 127,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
So who created it? Whitey? We're all just dying to know.
Yes, whitey did. It's a good way to keep everybody in their "proper" place.

Classifying humans into races the biggest mistake in history of science - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Old 02-25-2018, 07:31 AM

8,791 posts, read 5,649,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
I have to ask as a Swede living in USA, why does it matter? Why are Americans so obsessed with race and ethnicity and religion, asking for a friend?
Easy to answer...

There is a minority of the majority who are race obsessed. They are in a panic that they will become a minority soon, probably because they are worried that they will soon feel what they have been dishing out through economic, policing, and judicial oppression for centuries.

And even though they are a minority, they are very vocal and very visible.

Most other people just live their lives.

Old 02-25-2018, 08:46 AM

9,383 posts, read 9,532,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdz1979 View Post
They didn't invent racism, you know the Chinese call China the Middle Kingdom because they believed themselves to be higher beings between non-Chinese and the gods right?

Trying at justification=/= invention

Those "scientific" papers were after the exploitation started to lessen the guilt/resistance to such actions

Old 02-25-2018, 03:10 PM

626 posts, read 574,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Easy to answer...

There is a minority of the majority who are race obsessed. They are in a panic that they will become a minority soon, probably because they are worried that they will soon feel what they have been dishing out through economic, policing, and judicial oppression for centuries.

And even though they are a minority, they are very vocal and very visible.

Most other people just live their lives.
Tbf, this particular news is interesting. What we are seeing here is a major demographic shift in a short period of time. When whites become a minority in the US; huge cultural change will most certainly have occurred. Some have termed the US as the new Latin American country. If Sweden become 40% arbab or Asian in 40 years, I guarantee everyone there would be talking about it. It's interesting. Not saying the US isn't race obsessed, but I don't think talking about this is indicative of that.

Old 02-25-2018, 05:05 PM

197 posts, read 127,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
They didn't invent racism
What are you talking about? Nobody is saying that someone invented racism. They are talking about who came up with the idea of classifying people into different races and their ulterior motives for doing it, be they concious or subconcious. For you to have read the article and derived that from it is telling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or