U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 08:10 PM

7,583 posts, read 3,999,195 times

Advertisements

You not merely stating your own opinion. You are asserting your opinion as though it is every young person's opinion.

I lived in Greenville most of my 20's and 30's and I loved living here. I have a ton of friends who love living here.

Old 07-09-2017, 08:11 PM

2,097 posts, read 1,524,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
I don't understand how you can assert there are better options for another person. You not stating your opinion, you are stating your opinion as though it is every young person's opinion.
Based on what the OP wants, there are better options, pretty simple. Please keep argueing, as you always do

I also like how you have no other comment to my previous response, sucks to assume and be totally wrong right?

Old 07-09-2017, 08:13 PM

You are the one looking for the argument. My suggestion isn't for you. And the OP doesn't have to consider it. It is a suggestion.

The OP never mentioned population. You assumed he or she is looking for a larger metro. It doesn't make sense to argue my suggestion doesn't fit the criteria that he gave.

According to your post history, you were thinking about moving to Greenville yourself a few years ago and you appear to be in your 20s. It is weird my suggestion of Greenville would annoy you. If I recall right, you also appear to get annoyed when I posted a list that had Greenville as one of the top cycling cities in the country. I didn't even mention Greenville in that post, I only posted the link to the list.

I go downtown with friends and coworkers and see other young people down there. It is a vibrant downtown area packed out with restaurants and bars and retail stores and nice parks and a baseball stadium and an arena, etc. There are festivals and live music and farmers market all the time on Main Street. Furman and Clemson students are often down there. Clemson's MBA / graduate business college is located in a building on Main Street.

I don't understand how your suggestions offer anymore than this, other than pro sports in some of them and a large university in the downtown area. I think Greenville has a better downtown than the ones that you listed that I'm aware of, like Raleigh. And Raleigh isn't at the base of the Blue Ridge.

If a young person likes getting outside, Greenville as as good as any place in the country, with proximity to the Blue Ridge mountains, several pristine lakes, waterfalls, whitewater rivers. There are also a ton of nice golf courses in the area.

I am in my 30s and I love living in Greenville, and I lived here in my mid 20s when I was single. Why wouldn't I recommend it to other young people.

There are quite a lot of lonely young people out there if the only way young people can meet new people is to live in the largest metros. There are a lot of young people not living in those metros. I lived in the small city of Aiken SC near Augusta GA for two years in my twenties and I knew a ton of people there and had plenty to do. That was like being in college.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 07-09-2017 at 08:39 PM..

Old 07-09-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
You are the one looking for the argument. My suggestion isn't for you. And the OP doesn't have to consider it. It is a suggestion.
Cool story

Old 07-09-2017, 08:47 PM

Here's a list of the top 25 best cities for people under 35.

The 25 best cities in the US for people under the age of 35

They have Greenville ranked at no. 9.

Under the Greenville section it states: 'it ranks in the top 20 for young population'

Old 07-09-2017, 08:48 PM

5 posts, read 2,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
San Francisco
NYC, particularly Manhattan and Brooklyn
Stamford, CT
San Jose
Los Angeles/Santa Barbara
Denver
Portland
Seattle

The list goes on.

Not sure why you're opposed to towns with strong college presences?

Boston/Cambridge
Boulder
Austin
Burlington, VT

The fact that most of the things there, especially social life, revolves around 18-22 year old undergrads and a 25 year old would be way out of place there since he is no longer in college.

Old 07-09-2017, 08:58 PM

23,067 posts, read 35,020,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
I'm not trying to argue with you, but you literally suggest Greenville, SC to every single thread asking for a place to move to. Sure it's ideal for some, but for a twenty-whatever year old looking for a "haven" for people his age, there's simply better options.
Maybe, but it's still a viable suggestion.
He likes Greenville; so sue him.
And while you're at it, make yourself productive and actually present some of these 'better options' you're referring to.

Old 07-09-2017, 09:02 PM

2,507 posts, read 2,269,683 times
Quote:
Here's a list of the top 25 best cities for people under 35.

The 25 best cities in the US for people under the age of 35

They have Greenville ranked at no. 9.

Under the Greenville section it states: 'it ranks in the top 20 for young population'
Hmm.. I don't see Greenville on any of the best cities for under 35 lists below.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...der-35-2014-12
https://www.monster.com/career-advic...-live-and-work
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...s-in-2016/amp/
The 10 Best Cities To Live In If You're 35 And Under | HuffPost
https://www.google.com/amp/s/greatis...somethings/amp
These Are the Best Cities for Millennials

Old 07-09-2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Maybe, but it's still a viable suggestion.
He likes Greenville; so sue him.
And while you're at it, make yourself productive and actually present some of these 'better options' you're referring to.
Already did, nice of you to chime in when not needed

I never said anything was wrong with Greenville, I actually like Greenville but it's not a "haven" and definitely not the first place a 20 something year old will think of when moving

Old 07-09-2017, 09:03 PM

Ok, I never said it is on every list. Every list has different criteria that they use, and a lot of them have a preference for large cities.

If the OP was set on a large city, wouldn't he or she say so?

There are tons of young people in Greenville. It would be surprising to me if a person making the effort couldn't make friends here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or