U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 09:05 PM

2,097 posts, read 1,531,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
You are the one looking for the argument. My suggestion isn't for you. And the OP doesn't have to consider it. It is a suggestion.

The OP never mentioned population. You assumed he or she is looking for a larger metro. It doesn't make sense to argue my suggestion doesn't fit the criteria that he gave.

According to your post history, you were thinking about moving to Greenville yourself a few years ago and you appear to be in your 20s. It is weird my suggestion of Greenville would annoy you. If I recall right, you also appear to get annoyed when I posted a list that had Greenville as one of the top cycling cities in the country. I didn't even mention Greenville in that post, I only posted the link to the list.

I go downtown with friends and coworkers and see other young people down there. It is a vibrant downtown area packed out with restaurants and bars and retail stores and nice parks and a baseball stadium and an arena, etc. There are festivals and live music and farmers market all the time on Main Street. Furman and Clemson students are often down there. Clemson's MBA / graduate business college is located in a building on Main Street.

I don't understand how your suggestions offer anymore than this, other than pro sports in some of them and a large university in the downtown area. I think Greenville has a better downtown than the ones that you listed that I'm aware of, like Raleigh. And Raleigh isn't at the base of the Blue Ridge.

If a young person likes getting outside, Greenville as as good as any place in the country, with proximity to the Blue Ridge mountains, several pristine lakes, waterfalls, whitewater rivers. There are also a ton of nice golf courses in the area.

I am in my 30s and I love living in Greenville, and I lived here in my mid 20s when I was single. Why wouldn't I recommend it to other young people.

There are quite a lot of lonely young people out there if the only way young people can meet new people is to live in the largest metros. There are a lot of young people not living in those metros. I lived in the small city of Aiken SC near Augusta GA for two years in my twenties and I knew a ton of people there and had plenty to do. That was like being in college.
Let me repeat myself, I like Greenville and we are STILL considering a move there next year. I simply said it's not a haven, and there are other options that offer more for a 20 something year old.

I didn't get annoyed at all at the cycling list, I said it surprised me it was in that highly rated, again when you think of cycling "capitals", Greenville isn't the first place most people think of

Old 07-09-2017, 09:07 PM

7,595 posts, read 4,025,752 times
Ok, I get that you don't think it is a haven for young people but you act like you get to decide this for everybody. I think that it would be difficult to even define 'haven for young people'.

You also made a false assertion that I 'literally' suggest Greenville on every thread regardless of criteria. So that means, for example, you are saying that if a person wants a city in the northwest, or one at the beach, or one with the population of NYC, I would suggest Greenville.

Do you think a person is going to move to Greenville based on 1 stranger on the internet merely suggesting the city for consideration? You and some others on here act like I'm this bad guy trying to trick people into moving to Greenville.

I know that I could not care less if you and others plug a city that you like on here. I see people on here suggest cities all the time that I wouldn't have suggested but I don't pick fights with them.

You haven't described in specifics how those other cities are better for young people. You merely made the assertion as though it is a fact. That is an opinion, not a fact. Your premise appears to be every young person is the exact same.

I personally thought it was weird there were a bunch of cold and snowy winter weather cities on the best cycling cities list. Greenville to me has the best 4 season climate out of those listed. But for you, Greenville was the odd choice. It is interesting to me that you are a person interested in moving to Greenville.

Anyway, I'm not going to respond to you anymore. I may stop suggesting Greenville on here.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 07-09-2017 at 09:39 PM..
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or