U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 08:39 PM

3,531 posts, read 1,778,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
If you "know" which one it is, even by process of elimination, then just say it. This seems like a game or something.
It's not a game. Like I said, I only peruse certain states and California/Hawaii are in those. Indiana is way more positive than those 2.
That's why I was asking if people check out all of the state pages cuz I could but just looking at 1-2 pages isn't going to tell me that much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 08:57 PM

2,753 posts, read 2,221,776 times
Not Connecticut that's for sure.

I would say Texas or Utah.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:07 AM

6,800 posts, read 11,779,854 times
Hawaii?

Old 07-13-2017, 08:44 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,476,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
Hawaii?
No the OP hates Hawaii. Also, hates California. Only that person's opinion counts.

Sad that the CA state and city forums are full of libertarians, conservatives and/or curmudgeons who love to bash the liberal state and democrats that run it. They same 20 people control 90% of the discussion and pretty much up their ego and viewpoints and rarely have anything positive to say. But their viewpoints are only a fraction of the people who live in the state because everyone knows CA is mostly a progressive liberal democratic state. Oh well. It is what it is on C-D.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:34 AM

3,531 posts, read 1,778,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saybanana View Post
No the OP hates Hawaii. Also, hates California. Only that person's opinion counts.

Sad that the CA state and city forums are full of libertarians, conservatives and/or curmudgeons who love to bash the liberal state and democrats that run it. They same 20 people control 90% of the discussion and pretty much up their ego and viewpoints and rarely have anything positive to say. But their viewpoints are only a fraction of the people who live in the state because everyone knows CA is mostly a progressive liberal democratic state. Oh well. It is what it is on C-D.
Lol, I hate California and Hawaii? That's a laugh. I'd love to live in either place.
I'm simply going by the level of complaints from the cd forums as explained in the first post. It's not my fault that people complain. I wanted to know what state has the majority of happy posters. Unfortunately, CA/HI don't .

Old 07-13-2017, 11:41 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,476,987 times
Then in the words of Justin Beeber - "I'm Sorry".

You can go to any state and look at the topics and they are mostly normal things I want to know about this place or that place and other questions related to relocation. But look at the California forums and the LA forum and not a lot about relocation but rather lets find a topic and talk trash. Like homelessness, race relations, protests, taxes, local government and how liberals and democrats ruin everything. There are daily posts. I rather have a forum where a person out of state/city asked questions about the place and people can chime in and give details RATHER THAN locals forcing their opinions on any topic and treat it like a facebook comment's section. So if one bases their opinions on happiest on things people talk about compared in another state forum where people dont discuss such stuff and stay on topic: Does that mean that there the residents have no complaints whatsoever and are truly the happiest?

Anyway I tried to look at many states and I think the top three state forums with most "complaint topics" are Ohio, Illinois and California and tame in most others.

Old 07-13-2017, 03:02 PM

3,618 posts, read 1,568,718 times
texas seems to be the most satisfied and optimistic, lots of open space and big sky country, great job market, If you got a pool or near a lake even the heat isnt that bad.

Florida should be but there are tons of people complaining alot, the state is alot of contradictions. I think Miami has been rated most unhappy city in alot of polls which seems crazy, but alot of income disparity and poverty in florida

Old 07-13-2017, 03:13 PM

6,592 posts, read 3,674,133 times
Perhaps the Land of Mañana -- New Mexico.

Old 07-13-2017, 03:35 PM

423 posts, read 263,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
Wyoming
My vote is for Wyoming as well

Old 07-14-2017, 10:37 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,109,761 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or