U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 05:43 PM

395 posts, read 1,250,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy View Post
Isn't Cattle Decapitation from S.D.?
Yea they are! I forgot about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lndigo View Post
Oslo and Gothenburg.
and Helsinki..but I think the OP was asking about the U.S.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:48 PM

2,898 posts, read 2,876,436 times
Another great death metal band, Cannibal Corpse is also from Tampa!

Old 03-12-2008, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Also, see where you can find a disproportionate number of 14- to 17-year-old boys. That seems to be the audience for metal.

Just because you may not like the music dosent mean you need to say things like that. I am the complete opposite of what you said and I like it. I guess you were trying to be funny.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:06 PM

28,905 posts, read 46,707,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaJasMi View Post
Just because you may not like the music dosent mean you need to say things like that. I am the complete opposite of what you said and I like it. I guess you were trying to be funny.
Oh, why are metal fans so thin-skinned? It's a line stolen out of Spinal Tap, one of the funniest damn movies ever made.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Oh, why are metal fans so thin-skinned? It's a line stolen out of Spinal Tap, one of the funniest damn movies ever made.
Quite exciting, this computer magic!

Old 03-12-2008, 11:27 PM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,593,816 times
Thats nice and all with the jokes about kids and metal materials, but I was serious....i really want to know about places with vibrant metal scenes, as I am a serious musician, not a kid in high school(which i played in bands in school too, but some of us take it seriously when we get older)....Most metal musicians are adults and a very large portion of serious metal fans are also adults....kids tend to like the more general bands and easier ones to get a hold of, also i think some are hard for younger kids to get into sometimes. Take for example black metal. A lot of the older fans love Carpathian forest, Gorgoroth, Old immortal etc while the younger fans tend to like Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, etc. I know when i was younger my taste was much different, and as i've gotten older my taste has changed drastically, especially the more serious i got with writing music myself. I've noticed i've gotten more jokes than serious answers....it is too bad people can't be more accepting of lifestyles different than their own. I dont mean to be over dramatic lol, but I dont go in to people's serious threads about places and just make jokes, i try to be informative so as to be a help to them. To those that have given serious answers thank you so much! Any additional Info would be great!!

Old 03-12-2008, 11:31 PM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,593,816 times
Yes Cannibal Corpse is an excellent band from the Tampa Metal Community, although they were originally from Buffalo NY lol and transplanted to Tampa later on as many other metal bands did.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:57 PM

2,506 posts, read 7,755,185 times
Quote:
Birmingham has a great deal of iron ore and any number of steel mills. In fact, Sloss Furnaces is a national historic site.
Somehow I think you are talking about a different metal. Anyone here from Pittsburgh

Old 05-10-2008, 03:03 AM

6 posts, read 13,607 times
K first off I don't know why you want to leave seattle. I moved away from there 6 years ago and have wanted to go back ever since. I miss it so much and it is the best city I have ever lived in and i've lived in a lot of cities!! My boyfriend doesn't want to move there as of yet because he wants to try somewhere else first but hopefully soon he'll change his mind cause I am sooooo homesick. Ok back to the subject now. lol My boyfriend and I are currently having the same problem you are. He is a musician and we are moving to a city that has a better metal scene then we have here. We have been trying to look into cities for a couple months now and haven't made up our minds yet because we're having problems finding info too. We were going to go to philadelphia but I started emailing bands there asking them questions about how they're doing musically and how the metal scene is there and everything. I did that to a few cities we were thinking about and they gave me back some pretty good info. Pretty much philadelphia, pittsburgh, baltimore, and tampa metal bands said that they aren't very happy with how things are going for them musically and wouldn't recommend going there. there were a couple bands in tampa that said they liked it but they also weren't in it full time. they just did it for fun. we're looking to make a go at it so that's not for us. I know this doesn't help with finding a place to move to but it should help with finding places not to go. lol I heard some good things about maine but I don't really see that as being a good place so I don't know what that guy was talkin about. Hope this helps. If you find any good places for metal please let me know cause we are ready to get out of here!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.