U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 09:05 AM

1 posts, read 977 times

Advertisements

Hey.
Im find myself in the same position. I wanna go to America, to improve my music and my carear.
Im searching for a city with a great metal scene. Aspecially Trash Metal and stuff like that.
Ive already asked some people, visited America for some months and one of them told me, I should visit Memphis.
But what about f.e. San Francisco? Could you help me out a bit, because I actually dont even know, where to start.
Thanks replay,
Rudi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 12:27 PM

1,653 posts, read 5,162,671 times
I'm definitely out of the loop now, but when I was in the metal/hardcore scene during high school and early college years, the most "talked about scenes" were Massachusetts, Florida, Virginia, North Carolina, and Southern California. They seemed to have a lot of well known venues and bands coming out of there. Also, "fight crews" were a big deal then (they might still be, I don't know), and I remember Virginia and Massachusetts having a little rivalry thing for awhile.

I was in a band for awhile, and when we did a southern states tour our Florida shows (Jacksonville and Orlando) were amazing.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:07 PM

1 posts, read 574 times
I can tell you from living in FloriDUH that the metal scene sucks all over the state, Tampa used to be the place for DM back in the late 80's and early 90's but that isn't the case any longer.

As soon as I get enough money together I'm moving the hell outta here and relocating to the Pacific NW!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.