U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 02:18 PM

6,061 posts, read 3,392,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
you could hit all 48 while driving in a little under 5 days, would think that flying would be a snap in 48 hours...probable 24 by drinking a lot of Red Bull.

How to drive through all 48 of the contiguous United States in 113 hours | 22 Words
I don't do Redbull, I do Nos. That crap keeps me going for hours! Its what I'm stacking up on on my move to MN in less than 2 weeks. I'm gonna need a lot of it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 02:20 PM

Theoretically yes, though you should start on the East Coast, give you a time zone advantage, plus a lot of small states up in the Northeast. You can actually drive from Virginia to Pennsylvania with only about 5 minutes in Maryland through the neck of MD's panhandle! Its really cool considering VA and PA don't border each other.

It'd be a VERY expensive trip, though. You'd need hook ups to planes (private planes too, to avoid the hassle and wait of commercial flying) and vehicles.

Old 07-26-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
It'd be very exhausting, and you'd need your own plane to avoid delays and crowds, but sure I guess it could be done. Not sure why'd you start on the west coast though.
Right, I would start in DC.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:41 PM

6,800 posts, read 11,779,854 times
Hope you also have access to a good supercomputer in addition to airport rights and your own private jet:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travel...lesman_problem

Old 07-26-2017, 07:46 PM

5,122 posts, read 3,888,035 times
Yeah if you did it how you say, then no it's definitely not possible, even if there was no traffic. But if you had your own jet and flew from state to state, landing at a small airport then taking back off, I don't see how it's not possible.

Don't know how much time you'd be able to rest in between, but if you take off, land, take off, land, take off, land, then I think it can be done.

Old 07-27-2017, 09:34 AM

21,329 posts, read 21,906,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Theoretically yes, though you should start on the East Coast, give you a time zone advantage, plus a lot of small states up in the Northeast. You can actually drive from Virginia to Pennsylvania with only about 5 minutes in Maryland through the neck of MD's panhandle! Its really cool considering VA and PA don't border each other.

It'd be a VERY expensive trip, though. You'd need hook ups to planes (private planes too, to avoid the hassle and wait of commercial flying) and vehicles.

recently did ^this in reverse, on our way to Gettysburg, it also included West Virginia.

as to the OP...yes, it can be done

Spoiler
F16+18 hours=50 states

The Fifty, Swiftly – How Fast Could You Visit All 50 States?

Last edited by Ghengis; 07-27-2017 at 09:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or