U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 07:41 PM

1,775 posts, read 2,512,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
Clearly Superior, probably not.

I'd say Indianapolis holds the advantage over Louisville. But Cincinnati & Louisville, I'd say they're about even
Let's see what folks have to say on the matter: Louisville vs. Indianapolis vs. Cincinnati
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 09:11 PM

1,242 posts, read 637,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsg25 View Post
We Chicagoans obviously can't get over Chicago. We live and breath the place. And celebrate its culture.
I enjoy Chicago as a city, but it seems like a lot of you dislike other Midwestern cities for not being Chicago.

Old 08-02-2017, 10:28 AM

5,877 posts, read 6,531,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
I enjoy Chicago as a city, but it seems like a lot of you dislike other Midwestern cities for not being Chicago.
Our arogance towards other midwestern cities, most regretable, is sadly as you describe.

Old 08-02-2017, 10:31 AM

1,770 posts, read 2,138,498 times
Denver 20-30 years ago was very insecure. The city felt it was always being perceived nationally as an overgrown cow-town. I can remember reading in the Rocky Mountain News, after the Broncos lost their first Super Bowl to the Cowboys, one of the columnist wrote (paraphrase): Well, we lost the Super Bowl. But the Broncos get the pleasure of returning to beautiful Denver, Colorado while the Cowboys have to go back to Texas. It seemed like we always had to dis other places to make ourselves seem secure. Maybe that happens elsewhere too?

That attitude may be changing now. Denver appears to be maturing as a city and seem more confident in itself.

Old 08-02-2017, 10:35 AM

1,798 posts, read 1,162,799 times
NYC NYERS don't even care if you hate NY because they love it and hate at the same time.

Old 08-02-2017, 11:42 AM

571 posts, read 568,187 times
LA.

LA doesn't need to compete with any other city. It knows its worth.

Old 08-02-2017, 01:17 PM

1,242 posts, read 637,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsg25 View Post
Our arogance towards other midwestern cities, most regretable, is sadly as you describe.
Yes, to the core. I've had people in Chicago roll their eyes when I say I'm from Cleveland, or react like "Ohio?!" as if I said I was from freakin' Mars. Some were cool about it although I had this one guy who worked at the hotel I was staying in saying that he hoped LeBron never won a championship because of how he treated Cleveland after he left.

Old 08-03-2017, 05:35 PM

9,381 posts, read 9,539,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
NYC NYERS don't even care if you hate NY because they love it and hate at the same time.
New Yorkers are terribly insecure
This is the first line of an op-ed in the NYT on April 16th, 2013, the day after the Marathon Bombings.

I love its atrocious accent, its inferiority complex in terms of New York....

Imagine if the Boston Globe ran a story on Sept. 12 2001 and it started
"Sure they might have second rate Hospitals in Universities, and have a filthy city, but those stupid, sickly, dirty New Yorkers did not deserve what happened yesterday morning."

Last edited by btownboss4; 08-03-2017 at 06:00 PM..

Old 02-05-2019, 05:21 PM

30 posts, read 8,925 times
how is Louisville superior to indy or cincy? Louisville is constantly trying to imitate everything indy does. no pro teams, no true suburbs no nationally recognized international airport with as many direct flights as indy. indys downtown is way more vibrant IUPUI is actually a better school all around than UofL indys downtown canal looks better than Louisville river front. Im serious when I say Louisville is so overrated and its seen on this forum constantly boasting about things that the city really doesn't live up to. indy host super bowls,final fours,college football championship and now the NBA all star game in 2021.even with Louisville convention expansion and new omni downtown its still not big enough to host the larger conventions and events.indy is about to build yet another lager hotel downtown connected to the convention center. a 40 story Hilton brand hotel 800-1000 rooms and a small 600 room hotel,also a Hilton brand. Louisville reminds me of the little brother that wants to hang with the older brother but hes not big enough to hang with the big boys. sorry little louy

Old 02-05-2019, 05:32 PM

30 posts, read 8,925 times
seem like and actually live up to it is two different things. Louisville can get really boring after awhile. once the derby,zombie walking dead crap and thunder over Louisville theres nothing to brag about. Louisville boosters will have you thinking if you were blind folded after hearing of this magnificent city paved in gold and emeralds then you remove the blinds and theres Louisville. wow amazing but not close to what they claim the city offers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.