U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 12:29 PM

18,055 posts, read 8,962,215 times

Advertisements

In general I avoid big cities, and only go to them when I have to for work. Many just have a terrible odor, and in the last twenty, or thirty years seem like third world hell holes to me. The majority of people seem like they are refugees from a foreign country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 01:07 PM

1,023 posts, read 1,042,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
In general I avoid big cities, and only go to them when I have to for work. Many just have a terrible odor, and in the last twenty, or thirty years seem like third world hell holes to me. The majority of people seem like they are refugees from a foreign country.
^^^
Generalization meter: red zone
Racism meter: green-ish zone but trending yellow.

Old 08-02-2017, 06:36 AM

4,451 posts, read 2,628,533 times
Just one more reason I avoid big cities.

The warmer climate zone cities have a bigger homeless pop because cold weather areas give homeless people a one way ticket to the warm zones rather than dealing with their homeless pop.

It's also unfortunate that many are do not have enough public restrooms. We have a small county seat town here where it has been long the bane of shoppers that 1) parking is limited, 2) there is NO public restrooms unless you eat at a restaurant, where by law they must have pub restrooms. That usually means they have to eat at the restaurant and spend more money that could have been spent at other businesses.

Apparently it's not a priority for big cities to have public restrooms, they'd rather have the whole city be a pub sewer.

Like you said " eeew".

I just wonder how much the person who has to clean it up gets paid?!?!?

Also many have laws to clean up after a dog, but allow public crapping or peeing. Makes no sense.
I'd much rather accidentally step in dog poop over a humans!

Old 08-02-2017, 07:27 AM

7,279 posts, read 13,542,792 times
Before this becomes even more of a city bashing thread, I'll note that many small towns and rural areas have their share of disgusting elements. Having grown up in the rural south, I saw some truly gross stuff there that rivals anything I've seen in major cities. The difference is scale. But since "per capita poo" isn't something we track, it's all more noticeable in cities.

Old 08-02-2017, 07:42 AM

6,804 posts, read 11,795,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTheLiveOaks View Post
Before this becomes even more of a city bashing thread, I'll note that many small towns and rural areas have their share of disgusting elements. Having grown up in the rural south, I saw some truly gross stuff there that rivals anything I've seen in major cities. The difference is scale. But since "per capita poo" isn't something we track, it's all more noticeable in cities.
Kinda like Midland, TX with a population of 100,000 in the middle of nowhere. There's a visible homeless population and although I don't know of any homeless defecating out in the open, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens here. There's a a BIG problem with trash and other random junk being left around random places in town though which deprecates the overall cleanliness of the city.

Old 08-02-2017, 12:03 PM

256 posts, read 168,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTheLiveOaks View Post
This is also super true. I live in an area of 150,000 and the homeless problem here is worse per capita than many large cities, and the general "bad behavior" of people feels worse as well. We're a small city but there are certain nice, new apartments in parts of downtown where you actually have to step over homeless sleeping to get out of your apartment as if it were the Tenderloin in SF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.