U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 07:32 PM

6,087 posts, read 3,404,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
Yeah, the American climate for four seasons sucks a lot of times because of the terrible humidity. But the Mid-Atlantic probably deals with the extremes of summer and winter the best. In Philly, summers are not completely terrible; we get breaks from the extreme heat and humidity (not so much DC and Richmond). And winters are perfect IMO. A few storms a year, fun in the snow, and then it goes away!

In my opinion, the most quintessential four seasons climates kind of NEED some humidity. Because its not just about the temperature but also the rainfall and lets face it, while humidity sucks, the gorgeous foliage that it brings makes up for it. The only real "green" places out west are in the damp Northwest. Most of the west is a bit on the brown side and doesn't have the lushness that the eastern and central states have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 07:36 PM

6,087 posts, read 3,404,486 times
Minneapolis. The lakes and parks allow you to really maximise each season.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:59 AM

45,131 posts, read 36,318,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Philadelphia, but Southeastern Pennsylvania in general. You have nice spring weather, hot humid summers, beautiful autumn temperatures and amazing foliage, and mild/ cold winters with some snow.

I would say the Mid-Atlantic region has the best taste of all 4 seasons because none of them are too extreme.
The Mid Atlantic region is my very favorite region weather wise! I love the four seasons there. They all seem to be exactly three months long too.

But just a bit further south is northern Virginia and I think that's the sweetest spot when it comes to four seasons.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:57 AM

6,869 posts, read 7,820,891 times
Fall in Philly is pretty sweet.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v9ObdkAKtsg

Old 08-03-2017, 02:38 PM

4,445 posts, read 3,542,598 times
San Diego

Old 08-03-2017, 02:44 PM

12,653 posts, read 15,099,803 times
Denver, CO.

Old 08-03-2017, 04:08 PM

425 posts, read 884,105 times
I'm going to throw a vote out there for the Spokane WA / Coeur d' Alene ID area; the inland part of the Northwest does have a true 4 season climate and plenty of great alpine lakes and ski hills to enjoy. Reliably hot/dry summers, snowy/cold winters with fall and spring falling in the middle somewhere.

Old 08-03-2017, 05:38 PM

3,732 posts, read 3,582,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Philadelphia, but Southeastern Pennsylvania in general. You have nice spring weather, hot humid summers, beautiful autumn temperatures and amazing foliage, and mild/ cold winters with some snow.

I would say the Mid-Atlantic region has the best taste of all 4 seasons because none of them are too extreme.
See, I think Philadelphias summers are awful. Too hot and humid as well as too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I disagree, Philly winters for example can last 4 to 5 months. A bit further south from DC south to the I-40/I-85 cities in NC is probably the sweet spot for four seasons evenly divided and not to the extreme in any. If one desires snowfall the Baltimore area is probably as far north as one would want without Winter "runover" involving a shorter Fall or Spring, or both.
Some winters, Philadelphia doesn't even have a winter IMO.

I think if you were more inland or north is a better representation. Pittsburghs winters are much longer than Phillys and much milder in the summer. Scranton also has a better climate, but hey I like cool weather and snow. Seems like to me Philly only gets one big snow a year and it melts quickly away

Old 08-03-2017, 05:42 PM
BMI

7,266 posts, read 4,524,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
See, I think Philadelphias summers are awful. Too hot and humid as well as too long.

Some winters, Philadelphia doesn't even have a winter IMO.

I think if you were more inland or north is a better representation. Pittsburghs winters are much longer than Phillys and much milder in the summer. Scranton also has a better climate, but hey I like cool weather and snow. Seems like to me Philly only gets one big snow a year and it melts quickly away
Yes, Scranton, almost identical temps to where I live in Ontario.
Good four season climate.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:07 PM

87,037 posts, read 102,723,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N610DL View Post
Without a doubt, our city for sure. Summers hot and dry & not very humid, Indians Summers, extreme cold and snow isn't very consistent in the city itself.

While the East Coast was digging out of a blizzard in March, it was 80+ degrees out here. I couldn't believe it.
"Indian" Summer is the greatest here in Denver.

The midwest has summers that are a bit less humid than the Atlantic coast area. I'm saying (just for weather mind you), Iowa; Madison WI for town and weather. Winters can be severe though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or