U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 10:04 AM

76 posts, read 39,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Spring: San Diego
Summer: San Diego
Fall: San Diego
Winter: Miami
Any reason why you want Spring in San Diego? Living in San Diego, spring is probably the worst season. It's basically like the winter but a bit drier and cloudier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2017, 10:09 AM

5,627 posts, read 3,965,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve87 View Post
Any reason why you want Spring in San Diego? Living in San Diego, spring is probably the worst season. It's basically like the winter but a bit drier and cloudier.
Ive been there in April and it was glorious. The entire week was about as picture perfect as weather comes.

Old 08-08-2017, 10:25 AM

76 posts, read 39,228 times
Quote:
Ive been there in April and it was glorious. The entire week was about as picture perfect as weather comes.
As someone who lived in San Diego for many years, Spring was my least favorite season. It mostly feels like an extension of winter, constantly 60s/50s while the rest of the country is warming up. And then it finishes with May Grey/June Gloom. By this point you had it up to here with coolish weather.

I'm guessing you got lucky with your trip and had some 70s. I'm also guessing you don't care for 60s since you put Miami for your winter favorite.

Old 08-08-2017, 12:45 PM

6,015 posts, read 6,394,099 times
Quote:
Interesting choice for fall. in my experience fall is the hottest time in SD. Sept/Oct. dry, increased fire risk. Not fun without AC.

Old 08-08-2017, 12:46 PM

1,798 posts, read 1,171,847 times
Nashville 365 brah

Old 08-08-2017, 01:50 PM

6,015 posts, read 6,394,099 times
I'm gonna go with places I've lived, since they all have different strengths:
Spring: Kansas City. Warm days in the 60s and 70s starting in February, increasing in March, sporadic severe weather but warmer and drier as a general rule into May before it gets hot in June. And morel season starts early April. Sometimes a late season snow but fairly rare. KC doesn't get much snow in the winter so spring is not muddy and wet the way other Midwest cities are.
Summer: Seattle. Very little rain, temps in the 70s-80s, long days due to northern latitude. Very little humidity and usually clear skies allowing for nice views of Rainier, the Cascades, and the Olympics. AC not usually needed.
Fall: Chicago. Pleasant weather through much of September. Crisp fall days becoming increasingly cooler. A mix of sunny and cloudy/rainy days. Fall festivals abound. Nice fall foliage in the area. Great temps for hiking, running, and being outdoors. Light jacket weather. Clear, cool air allows for beautiful views of Lake Michigan on sunny days. Maybe a bit of snow in November but usually minimal.
Winter: San Diego. For obvious reasons.

Old 08-08-2017, 03:41 PM

36 posts, read 14,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
Spring: Los Angeles, CA
Summer: Berkeley, CA
Fall: Seattle, WA
Winter: Key West, FL
I was wandering if you meant Seattle in the summer and maybe Berkeley in the fall?
From what I know, Seattle is not as sunny or warm (over 70) outside summer. Correct me if I'm wrong

Old 08-08-2017, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiedean1878 View Post
Spring: OKC
Summer: OKC
Fall: OKC
Winter: OKC
How is winter over 70 in OKC ?
No humidity in the spring/ summer?
And no gloomy days all year long? Come on, it can't be paradise! We would all be packing and moving right about now

Old 08-08-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiedean1878 View Post
Spring: OKC
Summer: OKC
Fall: OKC
Winter: OKC
Another thing, OKC is not as high as latitude for the summer to qualify

Old 08-08-2017, 03:50 PM

Quote:
What else would you choose for summer to be at a more northern latitude ? Sun Diego is located to far south
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or