U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 01:39 PM

7,218 posts, read 8,233,397 times

Advertisements

Obviously not, but I know enough people here that don't have any desire whatsoever to even move to anywhere in South Carolina that isn't Charleston or somewhere else along the coast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 01:40 PM

7,582 posts, read 3,997,005 times
Ok, I never denied that, but you seem to be denying that anybody in Charlotte would prefer to live in Greenville or Columbia. That doesn't make any sense.

Greenville makes cool city lists all the time. I think it is a lot cooler than Charlotte. How many cities have a waterfall downtown. And when I take people downtown who have never been there, they all love it. Uptown Charlotte feels more like an office park.

Greenville also has better location near the Blue Ridge.

Here is a link to numerous accolades that Greenville has received. http://www.visitgreenvillesc.com/news/accolades/

Old 08-12-2017, 01:41 PM

61 posts, read 37,540 times
I'm a millennial. Only city out West that interests me is Seattle. In the middle would be Chicago or Austin. In the East it would be Philadelphia.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Ok, I never denied that, but you seem to be denying that anybody in Charlotte would prefer to live in Greenville or Columbia. That doesn't make any sense.
Actually what doesn't make a lot of sense is your I think a lot of people in Charlotte would like to live in Greenville or Columbia comment. Obviously I don't know every single soul in the area but I have never met or heard anyone say "I really would like to leave Charlotte for Greenville or Columbia". That is not something I've ever picked up from anyone living here.

Your comment about being near the mountains reminds me, most people here would probably just rather live in Asheville than Greenville. Smaller metro? Wilmington or Charleston.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:50 PM

Ok, so you don't know a single soul, that means that nobody in Charlotte would prefer to live in them. I didn't realize anecdotal evidence like that proved something. You obviously don't know everybody in Charlotte.

There are a lot of people who originally planned to move to Asheville but decided to move to Greenville after visiting on the way up to visit Asheville.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:55 PM

Jesus Christ man.

I'm speaking as someone who actually lives here, and interacts with people who also live here.

I am giving you my experiences from living here. And my experiences are that Greenville and Columbia are not cities that are high on potential relocation lists.

You're acting as if I am "putting down" Columbia and Greenville like a snob. I'm not, they're both fine cities in their own right. It's simply that few people here have any desire to live there full-time.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:57 PM

Ok, I'm not denying in your sample size you have not meet anybody that wants to move to Greenville or COlumbia. But it doesn't make sense to extrapolate that across the population of Charlotte.

You are saying, because I haven't met people who would like to live in Greenville or Cola, nobody in Charlotte would like to live in Greenville or Cola. That makes no sense.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:59 PM

Oh for Gods sake man, give it up.

You know what, you win. The 0.5% of people I know here don't want to move to Greenville or Columbia, but the other 99.5% are packing up their things and renting the U-Haul vans now.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:01 PM

I never said anything about 99.5 percent of people in Charlotte are wanting to move to Greenville or Cola. You are debating things that I have not said.

I don't see anything controversial about my assertion that some people in Charlotte would like to live in Greenville or Columbia. It is odd that you think everybody in Charlotte has the exact same preferences.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:05 PM

I just don't get it man. I can try to explain this to you again and again but you won't listen.

Most people in Charlotte who want to leave Charlotte want to move one of three places, either a city like Wilmington or Asheville for retirement, back to their old hometowns, or another metro thats bigger or close to the same size. Otherwise most everyone else is content here.

That's how it is. Sure there are some who would like to move to Greenville or Columbia, but they're small in numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or