U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 09:22 AM

14,151 posts, read 19,774,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by a person View Post
I was visiting home one xmas and reacclimated to the cold in 2 days.

Meanwhile, every summer in FL, I find myself tolerating it less and less.

Fingers crossed that this is our final summer in FL.
I've found that as I've gotten older, I hate the constant humidity. It used to never bother me but now I hate it. So I don't blame you at all.

Moving in January will be a climate shock but it'll be a welcome change. I've only seen snow on mountains and for a couple hours when it snowed here.

Old 09-01-2017, 09:48 AM

4,857 posts, read 2,991,404 times
Quote:
I was visiting home one xmas and reacclimated to the cold in 2 days.

Meanwhile, every summer in FL, I find myself tolerating it less and less.

Fingers crossed that this is our final summer in FL.
I'm telling you, anything above 85 and I feel like crap, especially if humid.

Old 09-01-2017, 10:05 AM

686 posts, read 401,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I've found that as I've gotten older, I hate the constant humidity. It used to never bother me but now I hate it. So I don't blame you at all.

Moving in January will be a climate shock but it'll be a welcome change. I've only seen snow on mountains and for a couple hours when it snowed here.
It's not so bad once you go skiing in your shorts (which I've done in CO numerous times). As long as the sun is out, it won't feel that bad.

Some of these starry-eyed whack jobs in the local forums seem to love the swampy, nasty summers in FL. They can have 'em.

Old 09-01-2017, 10:33 AM

14,151 posts, read 19,774,924 times
Quote:
It's not so bad once you go skiing in your shorts (which I've done in CO numerous times). As long as the sun is out, it won't feel that bad.

Some of these starry-eyed whack jobs in the local forums seem to love the swampy, nasty summers in FL. They can have 'em.
I'm supposed to go in February so we'll see how that goes. (Skiing or snowboarding)

Yeah well that happens when you idealize something and think the grass is greener on the other side.

Old 09-01-2017, 02:19 PM

1,256 posts, read 542,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebarnes View Post
OP - Serious question here - why not go back to Michigan sounds like you really love it. It is a beautiful state, especially as one goes north.
We would love to, but after much prayer and discussion, staying here is best for now. All of our family is up there, so we definitely feel pulled ... maybe one day again. I also looked into the Piedmont areas ... that's a possibility down the line, as well!

Old 09-01-2017, 06:29 PM

7,742 posts, read 9,040,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebarnes View Post
OP - Serious question here - why not go back to Michigan sounds like you really love it. It is a beautiful state, especially as one goes north.
I considered Michigan. It's a neat state. North Dakota won out because it's closer to family.

Last edited by JMT; 09-01-2017 at 08:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or