U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is most faith and family centered, outdoorsy, and has the best schools and suburbs?
Atlanta, GA 18 28.57%
Denver, CO 28 44.44%
Kansas City, MO 7 11.11%
St. Louis, MO 10 15.87%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 02:36 PM

3,047 posts, read 8,137,665 times

Advertisements

Atlanta is sooo 1993 plus i hear the downtown really isn't all that. kansas city is a good choice and st. louis is making large improvements in its' downtown area but i'll go with denver. they're more open minded, with legislation anyways, plus colorado has the most sunny days of any state in america! yes, even more than florida. the difference is colorado's sunny days could still come with temps in the 20's!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 06:59 PM

386 posts, read 1,536,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
Atlanta is sooo 1993 plus i hear the downtown really isn't all that. kansas city is a good choice and st. louis is making large improvements in its' downtown area but i'll go with denver. they're more open minded, with legislation anyways, plus colorado has the most sunny days of any state in america! yes, even more than florida. the difference is colorado's sunny days could still come with temps in the 20's!
I don't think it's nearly as open-minded as you've been led to believe....

(And I don't even know what 'open-minded' means, anyway. If by that you mean "liberal," Denver would definitely not be a good choice....)

Old 03-18-2008, 10:13 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,739,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoDude View Post
I don't think it's nearly as open-minded as you've been led to believe....

(And I don't even know what 'open-minded' means, anyway. If by that you mean "liberal," Denver would definitely not be a good choice....)
I disagree. I have found Denver to be very open-minded.

Just out of curiosity, why are you asking all of these questions about Denver if you're from here??

Old 03-18-2008, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownnola View Post
I disagree. I have found Denver to be very open-minded.

Just out of curiosity, why are you asking all of these questions about Denver if you're from here??
Because it's interesting to get other people's perspectives. I think where you live is more or less what you want it to be. And I think it's cool to get other perspectives--especially when compared with other cities that I know less about.

As far as Denver being open-minded....I don't know what that even means. The term is so over-used and has become meaningless. I never found Denverites to be especialy cosmopolitan or worldly. I mean...it's a medium-sized major American metropolis in the middle of America. I guess it's as open-minded as it gets for middle America, but that's not saying much.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:33 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,739,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoDude View Post
Because it's interesting to get other people's perspectives. I think where you live is more or less what you want it to be. And I think it's cool to get other perspectives--especially when compared with other cities that I know less about.

As far as Denver being open-minded....I don't know what that even means. The term is so over-used and has become meaningless. I never found Denverites to be especialy cosmopolitan or worldly. I mean...it's a medium-sized major American metropolis in the middle of America. I guess it's as open-minded as it gets for middle America, but that's not saying much.
RAWLINGS, is that you in disguise??? The tone and content of your posts seem so strangely familiar...

Old 03-18-2008, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownnola View Post
RAWLINGS, is that you in disguise??? The tone and content of your posts seem so strangely familiar...
lol. Who?

I don't live in Denver, by the way....

Old 03-19-2008, 08:49 AM

676 posts, read 2,542,430 times
Obviously you are not familiar with Denver so Im surprised by your negativity towards it... could just be the trolling type I assume...

Old 03-19-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveco. View Post
Obviously you are not familiar with Denver so Im surprised by your negativity towards it... could just be the trolling type I assume...
I just said that I've never found it very open-minded. I actually like Denver a lot. It's a beautiful city......

Old 03-19-2008, 08:34 PM

1,645 posts, read 4,012,808 times
Ooops...I accidently voted for Denver. Denver is actually quite liberal, and Boulder (just north of town) is probobly the most liberal city in the Rockies. I'd suggest Kansas City.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:54 PM

3,326 posts, read 7,747,699 times
I'm not too familiar with it, but Denver has always struck me as liberal, based on what I see/hear from TV and people who lived there. Maybe not coastline liberal, but probably the most liberal of this group. Not sure where Atlanta is on that spectrum, with it's recent growth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or