Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 02:48 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,849,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProperMan View Post
~200k population is okay though 150miles to real big though indeed ugly (judging from google street view) city Detroit is kind of long way.
Dont think "world class beaches" around there can match to florida, california, chicago or orvirginia beaches...

Right now i trying to think of a state, i leave choosing city for bit later.
Ever been, or just trying to stir the pot? And yes I have been to Florida, California, Chicago, Virginia, as well as The Carolinas, Cape Cod, Gulf Coast as well as many of the other beaches around the country. I would put West Michigans beaches against any of them. You asked for suggestions, I gave one. Don't like it? Then move on, no need to get snippy and condescending.

Just another troll trying to get a flame thread going it appears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 06:16 AM

47 posts, read 134,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Ever been, or just trying to stir the pot? And yes I have been to Florida, California, Chicago, Virginia, as well as The Carolinas, Cape Cod, Gulf Coast as well as many of the other beaches around the country. I would put West Michigans beaches against any of them. You asked for suggestions, I gave one. Don't like it? Then move on, no need to get snippy and condescending.

Just another troll trying to get a flame thread going it appears.
Sorry my english is bad, i probably sound to rough.

How can i find out difference in wages and real estate prices from each state mentioned before?

Old 03-16-2008, 06:24 AM

2,787 posts, read 11,498,698 times
Quote:
I cant live in every of them so i trying to contract this list. I thinking to live in City of at least 40-50k better close to some large town.

I have heard that Chicago and Cleveland have very ugly architecture is that true?
No, Chicago does not have ugly architecture. It has some of the best modern architecture in the world.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:52 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Quote:
I have heard that Chicago and Cleveland have very ugly architecture is that true?
I bet youve also been told that there is oceanfront property in Arizona.

Do yourself a favor and visit Chicago sometime, you may end up falling in love with it and never leaving, like many before you.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:16 AM

How i compare wages and real estate cost among different states?

Old 03-16-2008, 10:44 AM

4,180 posts, read 14,595,746 times
Illinois--Chicago, rolling hills down south-keeper
Indiana--always vote republican but beautiful farmland--keeper
Maryland---my home state and favorite state-America in Miniature--keeper
Michigan--economy sucks but beautiful shores and lakes--keeper
Minnesota--lots of lakes---keeper
New York--NYC, finger lakes, mountains, great scenery--keeper
North Carolina--Ashville, Outer Banks---keeper
Ohio---lots of interesting cities, hills--keeper
Pennsylvania--great scenery, Philly, Pitts--keeper
Virginia--history, mountains---keeper
Wisconsin--lots of lakes and shores, Milw---keeper

I wouldn't toss any of them out of the bed!

Old 03-16-2008, 12:11 PM

1,763 posts, read 5,997,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProperMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Do yourself a favor and visit Chicago sometime, you may end up falling in love with it and never leaving, like many before you.
Yep, Chicago isn't even close to being ugly.

In defense of Cleveland: The city has a bygone-era, industrial aura that can be quite appealing. They've done some cool things downtown with the bridges and the Flats. I remember visiting Cleveland one time - I arrived at night. The city was in the distance, and as I headed up the freeway, there where antique-looking smokestacks belching colorful flames into the air. I felt like I was on the set of Blade Runner with Harrison Ford about to whizz by in one of those flying cars.

Some of the older neighborhoods around Cleveland are beautiful too, like Shaker Heights. Unfortunately because of the subprime debacle, the city is being severely challenged right now - but they will overcome.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:19 PM

694 posts, read 2,651,580 times
Quote:
Do yourself a favor and visit Chicago sometime, you may end up falling in love with it and never leaving, like many before you
Dude sounds a little naive, a city like Chicago may eat him up.
The city is not the suburbs. ( I know... duh )

Old 03-17-2008, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danco View Post
Dude sounds a little naive, a city like Chicago may eat him up.
The city is not the suburbs. ( I know... duh )
Explain ...

Old 03-17-2008, 05:43 AM

694 posts, read 2,651,580 times
Well I wouldn't suggest to a young woman to hop a greyhound and head to
L.A. to follow her dreams either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.