Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 04:51 PM

47 posts, read 134,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danco View Post
Well I wouldn't suggest to a young woman to hop a greyhound and head to
L.A. to follow her dreams either.
What are the reasons for this? And why comparing me with women. :/

What comes in my mind, you think if people live in small town they live in very peaceful and quiet environment and they cant handle life in big town because its violent and too fast (means u have to run all the time etc...)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 06:06 PM

177 posts, read 257,486 times
Maryland,not my state but it has been named the richest state in the USA.

Old 03-18-2008, 04:17 AM

47 posts, read 134,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Yankee View Post
Maryland,not my state but it has been named the richest state in the USA.
For some reason it has alot of black people living around Washington DC.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:36 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,759,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProperMan View Post
For some reason it has alot of black people living around Washington DC.
YOUR POINT SIR???????????????????????????????????????????????

Old 03-18-2008, 03:36 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,899,015 times
Chicago's architecture can't be rivaled by any other city except New York or London. Chicago is a city all to itself.

Cleveland is one of America's New Cities. It is transforming itself in many new ways. The downtown is attractive, we have attractive areas of the city, and amazing suburbs. Cleveland is worth a visit. I suggest taking a visit to two of the best Great Lakes cities, Chicago and Cleveland.

Old 03-18-2008, 03:48 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,030,188 times
i would have to say:

illinois (bad weather 7 months out of the year, boring landscape for 95% of the state, farms central and southern with nothing else, overcrowded crime infested regions in the north from rockford to chicago).

Michigan - This is the only state in America that continually loses population every year. there's a reason as to why so many people keep leaving the state.

The other states don't really stick out to me so i only have 2.

Old 03-18-2008, 04:05 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,917,193 times
If money is a factor, I would drop....
-IL: Expensive costs of living (even in the suburbs), and extreme weather year long.
-WI: Really high property taxes, and not very many jobs that pay well. Weather is just as bad as IL, if not worse.
-MD: Quite expensive to live there with no real benefits to make up for the costs.

And I'd say that the best would probably be...
-NC: Lots of nice, affordable areas. Great job market at the moment. Plenty of beaches.
-VA: Plenty of reasonably priced areas. Also lots of job growth at the moment. Plus good beaches.
-OH: For some reason, I think you'd like Columbus.

Old 03-18-2008, 05:04 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,759,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radraja View Post
-MD: Quite expensive to live there with no real benefits to make up for the costs.
Yea um about that...yea um...no.

Old 03-18-2008, 05:20 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Personally, depending on what you do for a living, I would seriously look around the Grand Rapids area of Michigan. Close to some truly world class beaches, lower cost of living, close to large cities. Right now there are plenty of people who are very down on the state, but there is no denying the natural beauty of the state. If you have an in demand job, the pay scale is very good and couple that with lower home prices, and a buyers market, it is a good place to get into. Detroit is a pit, but it has been for as long as I can remember.
Michigan is very beautiful. It's too bad the economy has hit the state so hard. I had family there last year and they said it was very pretty.

Old 03-18-2008, 05:23 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
No, Chicago does not have ugly architecture. It has some of the best modern architecture in the world.
Chicago does have some of the best modern architecture in the world, like FutureCop says. I'm not sure where anyone heard that Chicago was ugly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.