U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 08:05 AM

101 posts, read 54,657 times

Advertisements

DC would be the executive capital, then put congress in the ghost town Santa Cruz Texas right along the Rio Grande, then put the Supreme Court in Florida someplace and call the city Mann.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2017, 01:58 PM

204 posts, read 164,270 times
Executive and Cabinet level departments: Keep D.C. and the Pentagon as the location for those (Pentagon would still only house Department of Defense). I Think D.C's Central location in relation to the South Atlantic and Mid-Atlantic States gives it an upper edge in having a stable workforce population easily available to work in the Executive and Cabinet level Departments, which are required for such since those cabinet level departments seem to have the bulk of the workforce in the federal government under them.

Legislative: Arapaho, District of Liberty. I named it Arapaho after the local Indians to pay tribute to their heritage, and the district was District of Liberty because the legislative branch authored the Constitution, which is supposed to protect our liberty. Location: 20 miles due South of Ellsworth, Nebraska in the middle of a giant ranch. I chose a new district in the middle of nowhere for the legislative branch because the legislative branch can meet just about anywhere since everyone comes from just about anywhere in the country to go to D.C. to be in Congress, and I chose Ellsworth, Nebraska because it's the most centrally located state in the Midwest other than Kansas and in the part of the state that's closest to Denver.

Judicial: Mimosa, District of Justice. I named it after the Mimosa tree, which is a really beautiful tree that I think is pretty original as a town name, and I named it the district of justice after the judicial branch being the center of justice. Location: 10 miles East/Northeast of Epps, Louisiana, near Tallulah in the North Louisiana Delta. This place, like the legislative district, wouldn't really require it to be very close to population centers, as it would just have the Supreme Court of the United States and not all district courts, but it is closer to the district courts and to an international airport, New Orleans. I chose that location to keep the judicial since it's centrally located in relation to many appeals court courthouses and is in the most beautiful flyover country in America, the Mississippi Delta. Best climate, other than some summers, mostly friendly people, good connections with the old social order of the old south, which has produced plenty of politicians and judges. Near New Orleans, which has one of the most beautiful U.S. Court of Appeals district courthouses, one of the richest, deepest culture in America, is centrally located in relation to two of the fastest growing states, Texas and Florida, makes a good stopover when visiting the Delta, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or