U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 06:01 PM

4,849 posts, read 2,978,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
Dallas statistically has a lower humidity percentage than most places. And I agree, it's definitely hot in the summer (I was there in August, and it was 95-98 the whole time, the lake was super nice to be on during that time though).

Scenery wise, agree once again. But it's not lacking rivers, Lakes, and water in general.
I just checked the weather. Looks like it could still be high 80s into October.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2017, 06:20 PM

6,550 posts, read 3,656,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
It's dry all year round. Not sure what "too dry is", but it doesn't get much drier than there.
Humidity was 13 today in Albuquerque and it gets lower at times but is often a little higher -- 30s and 40s and maybe a little higher in the rainy monsoon season. The dryness is something you get used to if you move here but it takes about three or four weeks if you come from a humid climate. You won't notice it much on a short visit but body sort of lets you know it's adjusting once you move here.

Old 09-27-2017, 10:49 PM

2,546 posts, read 1,634,457 times
The area South of Reno (Carson City, Minden) fits very well.

Old 10-02-2017, 03:06 PM

14 posts, read 8,257 times
Hey, everyone. Sorry about my absence. I didn't mean to disappear. I'm still a long way away from deciding on where to live though. All the help has been greatly appreciated.

I have a couple of questions though it's more out of curiosity than anything. If it turns out it's doable, then it could go into helping me decide, but I'd like to hear your answers even if it's not in the country. I might make a thread on it in the future depending on the answers I get here.

My first question is about weather. I was wondering if there's any areas that have a prolonged fall season. I know some have long summers and others have long winters, but what about fall? That has to be my favorite season with all the trees changing color and the dropping temperatures. I love weather in the sixties and seventies.

My other question is on the nature side of things. Is there anywhere that's very environmentally friendly? Somewhere that most people actually take care of the environment rather than constantly littering and destroying forests?

Old 11-28-2017, 09:25 PM

5,441 posts, read 8,146,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
As far as beauty and Vermont, nothing in Colorado can compare to that state. The moisture leads to the wooded lushness. Trees and dense stands thrive with moisture. Trees often look scrawny in much of Colorado; water-starved.
Though Vermont is more lush due to the humidity, Colorado can 100% compete with Vermont in natural beauty. The Springs has many areas that look like this
https://www.google.com/maps/@38.7922...7i13312!8i6656
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or