U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2018, 06:37 AM

44,797 posts, read 36,186,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
I like my warm winters to happen in September
I like my cold winters to happen in January. Only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2018, 07:14 AM

4,231 posts, read 2,512,840 times
I didn't sign up for 95, real feel 101, when I moved to WI. It is waaaaay too hot out there. I hate heat.

Thank God for Lake Michigan and AC.

Old 05-28-2018, 08:20 AM

4,857 posts, read 2,986,679 times
Quote:
Yep. Its gonna be brutal. The inside of my house is currently warmer than outside. Its just awful. If this is how hot May is... I am afraid of June and July lol. I just hope we have a nice fall this year with no early snow, and a nice snowy winter.
First snow is often the best snow. Yeah, I've kicked the AC on the last few days, can't sleep in heat. My house is hotter than outside as well, so annoying.

Old 05-28-2018, 01:47 PM

4,857 posts, read 2,986,679 times
It's actually 66 today here in Denver. Nice.

Old 05-28-2018, 05:19 PM

I've been out in my backyard and patio area enjoying the beautiful day here, but getting ready to hunker down for what may be a record breaking heat event this coming weekend. Lots of places through the middle of the country are forecast to be far above average, normal temperatures and we've been getting warnings on the news here too. So I line dried and aired bedding, dog beds, linens, etc. today because I have a feeling it is about to get hot hot hot.

Probabilistic Hazards Outlook

Summer has arrived earlier than usual this year - maybe it will leave earlier too! We're due for a scorcher summer though since the last few have been mild and wetter than usual.

Should be interesting!

Old 05-28-2018, 05:37 PM

6,561 posts, read 10,274,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
It's actually 66 today here in Denver. Nice.
Yesterday was nice, too. Spent the day hiking in the foothills where it was about 15 degrees cooler than Denver.

Old 05-28-2018, 08:38 PM

6,061 posts, read 3,388,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I like my cold winters to happen in January. Only.
Well what about Christmas? .___. You gotta have snow for Christmas or at least a chance of snow. I don't think I wanna experience another brown or green one ever lol.

Old 05-28-2018, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
First snow is often the best snow. Yeah, I've kicked the AC on the last few days, can't sleep in heat. My house is hotter than outside as well, so annoying.
Yea but this year's first snow came in late October which was really cool to my southern eyes but also too early and I don't want that again. The first proper snow that didn't melt as it was falling (in other words, more than a dusting) was in early November and that was pretty cool also but I think ideally I'd like the first sticky snow around November 15th and the first long lasting snow (that lasts until spring) until right around Thanksgiving. Personally I prefer Thanksgiving to look more autumnal, as in, bare trees and brown grass with chance of fog and a morning frost even, but I can do a snowy Thanksgiving too some years. Just no snow on Halloween! (Looking at you, 1991!)

I wish I had AC. Ughh. It reached 89 inside today as we broke 100 degrees. Meanwhile I don't mind the heat outside. The way I see it... keep the weather outside, not in lol. I love the cold but I like a warm house in winter. I like the heat (to a degree) but I like a cool house in the summer. I love rain but I don't want a leaky roof either lol. And I'm outdoorsy, so its not like I'm constantly inside anyway, but when I am, I like it comfortable. And for sleeping it should be cool.

Old 05-29-2018, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Well what about Christmas? .___. You gotta have snow for Christmas or at least a chance of snow. I don't think I wanna experience another brown or green one ever lol.
Oh I don't care anything about snow on Christmas. I just want it to be chilly outside! In fact, I don't want more than about 3 inches of snow all year. Like - once a year. Snow flurries are different though - I like them, but I prefer them not to stick!

We actually had a white Christmas here in Texas a few years ago. It was cool to say we had a white Christmas but other than that, I was glad to see the snow gone by Boxing Day!

Old 05-29-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Oh I don't care anything about snow on Christmas. I just want it to be chilly outside! In fact, I don't want more than about 3 inches of snow all year. Like - once a year. Snow flurries are different though - I like them, but I prefer them not to stick!

We actually had a white Christmas here in Texas a few years ago. It was cool to say we had a white Christmas but other than that, I was glad to see the snow gone by Boxing Day!

I had my first white Christmas last year. Went ice skating on Christmas day. It was the most amazing thing ever, I wish I was able to have that as a kid.

See, Halloween and Thanksgiving are the holidays I like to be "chilly" but Christmas needs to have snow and frozen ponds for me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or