U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2018, 11:21 PM

18,927 posts, read 6,893,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
I'm a man. Don't forget the pumpkin latte.

Yep, it's like ingrained into our culture I guess. Not sure if you're a sports fan, but I think that is intertwined as well. Especially football.
Clemson? I thought you lived in Denver right now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2018, 06:02 AM

45,027 posts, read 36,268,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I lived in Clemson, SC for one of the longest years of my life. The only place more humid and sticky that SC is Louisiana in my experience!

Otherwise, Clemson was fine - if you like orange and purple together.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:02 PM

6,072 posts, read 3,397,513 times
Today made me realise how much more I prefer shoveling snow than mowing lawns

Old 06-06-2018, 07:23 PM

4,870 posts, read 2,997,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
life can be pretty ironic.

Got over 90 in Denver today I think. Still felt decent.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:07 PM

6,569 posts, read 10,290,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
life can be pretty ironic.

Got over 90 in Denver today I think. Still felt decent.
Went for a walk at lunch yesterday when it was about 95 and barely broke a sweat. Had I done that in the humidity of Dallas I would've looked like I'd jumped in a swimming pool with all my clothes on when I got back to work.

Old 06-07-2018, 06:50 PM

Just came in from sitting out on our patio like we do just about every evening. Temps feel great to me - in the high 80s, a snappy little wind, and a bit overcast. Of course, with all our trees and gardens, the ambiance is one of shade, flowers, tons of hydrangeas, lush green grass and dogs dogs dogs. Oh and squirrels. We just put a squirrel feeder up this evening so the squirrels should be even happier than usual. The two big mutt dogs and the squirrels seem to get along great - they keep each other (and us) entertained.

We're getting a gorgeous water feature installed in the flower beds just off the back patio tomorrow. I like that we'll be able to see it from the kitchen and the living room as well as outside. I love the sound of water bubbling. It's four feet tall and heavy and my arm is in a cast so I'm pretty useless in the way of help, so the landscape company is installing it, and moving one of my rose bushes as well. My gosh, you can't kill these rose bushes if you try, so I am pretty sure it will survive the move!

We may have some thunderstorms this evening - I sure hope so. I love me some big, summer thunderstorms.

I finally found a flag pole (well, one that you mount on the side of the house, not a vertical one in the yard) that whips around so that your flag doesn't curl or furl up on it. So far so good! That Lone Star State flag sure does look great flapping in the wind!

Old 06-08-2018, 06:00 AM

Right after I wrote the above, one of our beautiful thunderstorms did roll in - quick and blustery and then it left just as quickly - and the temps dropped back into the mid 70s, with low humidity and a nice breeze. Back on the patio we went! Typical June weather at the moment - pleasant mornings, hot afternoons, and once the sun goes down, it's pleasant again. Thunderstorms often spring up and then quickly dissipate in the evenings this time of year.

I always soak this gorgeousness up because July and August can be really unpleasantly hot even in the evenings (though even then the mornings are usually nice). But so far so good. I thought we were going to be in for an early heat spell but it never did materialize thank goodness.

Old 06-08-2018, 08:12 AM

1,231 posts, read 512,204 times
The four seasons are so overrated. People that say they love living in it have to, and/or don’t know anything else. In Southern California your in near perfect weather year round, yet just two hours from all four seasons. That’s the way to go, you can experience it, but then leave.

I did go to school in the Midwest so I know what it’s like living through them. The fall leaves are so beautiful, but then everything looks dead for five months. The cooler temperatures are a relief after summer, but unfortunately it gets too cold too quickly.

The first snowfall, and a white Christmas are awesome, but then you have live in that crap for months. Commuting is so much fun in snow, as is shopping, and every other day to day activities. Let’s not forget about the lack of sunshine, and bone chilling temperatures.

The blooming flowers, and return of life in spring is so welcomed, unfortunately spring usually arrives late, and leaves early. The constant rain also gets old, see previous statement about snow.

Summer, the season that’s suppose to be the nicest, is probaly the worst. The heat and humidity make it unbearable to be outdoors from late morning until the evening. Drive through neighborhoods and all you hear is AC running, very few kids outside getting exercise. Let’s not forget about the mosquitoes, you almost don’t want to go outside when you finally can at night.

I’ll take going surfing in the morning, then heading to my cabin to go skiing in the afternoon, watch the snowfall in the evening, and return home to sunshine and 70’s the next day. And while not as impressive, it’s still beautiful in the fall for the leaves.

Old 06-08-2018, 09:02 PM

4,870 posts, read 2,997,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Went for a walk at lunch yesterday when it was about 95 and barely broke a sweat. Had I done that in the humidity of Dallas I would've looked like I'd jumped in a swimming pool with all my clothes on when I got back to work.
Yep. That's what I remember about Denver.

Old 06-08-2018, 09:27 PM

87,017 posts, read 102,674,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
The four seasons are so overrated. People that say they love living in it have to, and/or donít know anything else. In Southern California your in near perfect weather year round, yet just two hours from all four seasons. Thatís the way to go, you can experience it, but then leave.

I did go to school in the Midwest so I know what itís like living through them. The fall leaves are so beautiful, but then everything looks dead for five months. The cooler temperatures are a relief after summer, but unfortunately it gets too cold too quickly.

The first snowfall, and a white Christmas are awesome, but then you have live in that crap for months. Commuting is so much fun in snow, as is shopping, and every other day to day activities. Letís not forget about the lack of sunshine, and bone chilling temperatures.

The blooming flowers, and return of life in spring is so welcomed, unfortunately spring usually arrives late, and leaves early. The constant rain also gets old, see previous statement about snow.

Summer, the season thatís suppose to be the nicest, is probaly the worst. The heat and humidity make it unbearable to be outdoors from late morning until the evening. Drive through neighborhoods and all you hear is AC running, very few kids outside getting exercise. Letís not forget about the mosquitoes, you almost donít want to go outside when you finally can at night.

Iíll take going surfing in the morning, then heading to my cabin to go skiing in the afternoon, watch the snowfall in the evening, and return home to sunshine and 70ís the next day. And while not as impressive, itís still beautiful in the fall for the leaves.
What midwestern city is this in reference to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or