U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2018, 09:24 AM

6,550 posts, read 4,090,047 times

Advertisements

Kathryn and Gaylord need to get a room. Or at least, a private weather thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 10:12 AM

87,016 posts, read 102,634,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Kathryn and Gaylord need to get a room. Or at least, a private weather thread.
Agreed!

Old 06-18-2018, 10:55 AM

7,589 posts, read 4,011,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
By the way, I used to live in Clemson. Well, actually I lived in Central, which as you probably know is right outside of Clemson. My ex husband was in track and field for Clemson's team. Yes, it's hot and humid there but neither Clemson nor Chandler has anything on New Orleans when it comes to heat and humidity combined, and that's saying something! But I love New Orleans too..
He doesn't live in Clemson. He lives in Denver.

He changed his location to Clemson after I expressed some opinions about SC that he doesn't hold. He didn't like it when I said that SC has a cool / popular reputation with a significant number of people outside of the state.

He also added the slogan to his status 'Proud southerner!' because of my disagreement with him. He described me as a 'proud southerner' in one of his posts.

Columbia is typically hotter than Clemson and the western part of SC.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 06-18-2018 at 11:24 AM..

Old 06-18-2018, 01:28 PM

4,857 posts, read 2,991,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
He doesn't live in Clemson. He lives in Denver.

He changed his location to Clemson after I expressed some opinions about SC that he doesn't hold. He didn't like it when I said that SC has a cool / popular reputation with a significant number of people outside of the state.

He also added the slogan to his status 'Proud southerner!' because of my disagreement with him. He described me as a 'proud southerner' in one of his posts.

Columbia is typically hotter than Clemson and the western part of SC.
None of this is true. I am a proud southerner, from Texas, which is the south. And after being here in Clemson for a month, you were right. This place is really cool. And progressive. A little hot for my taste, but I'll get used to it. Right partner?

Old 06-18-2018, 03:32 PM

44,922 posts, read 36,220,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
If you would review the thread, every time I would post anything regarding Texas as a whole, you would chime in with "well, I'm in Chandler, and it's 89 degrees, but I got a shade, a tent, so it feels like nothing."

So, I figured you wanted a specific weather update. I've lived in Tyler a lot of my life, I can absolutely post about it, Dallas and CC as well.

And you're right, 98 is certainly not 100. World of difference, in your world anyway.
I'm just correcting misinformation from you regarding the temperature I was discussing. Don't deflect.

You can post about any weather anywhere you like, of course, but if YOU will read the thread and be honest, you will see that your focus on Texas in general and the Tyler/Chandler area in particular is a bit strange, considering that you don't live here.

You will also see that I am perfectly capable of looking up specifics regarding weather and weather updates, and you and I both know that you have not been trying to be helpful toward me in providing them.

So -- glad we had this little talk. To reiterate:

1. Thanks, but I can and do look up my own weather updates daily, often several times a day, so there's no need for you to do it for me.
2. When you're discussing what I say and repeating it, it's best to be correct and specific - perhaps you could use the Quote option so that you don't unintentionally misrepresent what I've said. Speaking of which, I never once said "I got a shade, a tent, so it feels like nothing." If you're going to quote me, please do so accurately.

Glad we got that straight.

By the way, since you're so interested in northeast Texas weather in particular, you might find this interesting:
https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...0#.WygndqdKjIV

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 06-18-2018 at 03:43 PM..

Old 06-18-2018, 03:41 PM

WHERE IS OUR DANG RAIN? Just got in from the plant farm (yes, I am a yard fanatic) and unloaded and then planted about a gazillion plants, and apparently "the devil is beating his wife," because it was trying to rain, and sort of splattering, but the sun was out (and still is) and WOW is it ever humid out there! That disturbance in the Gulf is creating a lot of sporadic rain and clouds around here but nothing is really materializing.

Right now the weather forecast is for "rain starting in 49 minutes" but at this point I'll believe it when I see it. Apparently it IS 89 degrees and feels like 89 degrees, but to me it felt like a steam bath out there. There is rain all around us and headed our way and please Lord let it happen! At least it's not 100 degrees out there and we do have some cloud cover.
https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/ch...-radar/2237315

Since I'm blessed with a sprinkler system and lots of trees, and good soil apparently, plants tend to do really well in my yard. I have planted about - literally - 80 plants in the past few days. It's like my yard sucks them up. It's spacious but it's not a huge yard - but I do have lots of flower beds. At least nearly all the plants I've planted recently have been bushes, or perennials so they should come back next year. The first few years we were here I spent probably $800 a year on plants. Nearly all of them have lived to tell the tale!

It's definitely summertime. I spent the morning by the pool and that was great but now at 4:30 in the afternoon, it's time to get inside with the AC.

I ran over something in the road and bent my freaking wheel - not the tire, the WHEEL. So I get to look forward to spending $700 tomorrow at the repair shop. At least I wasn't broken down on the side of the road in the heat - been there, done that.

Old 06-18-2018, 03:44 PM

4,857 posts, read 2,991,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I'm just correcting misinformation from you regarding the temperature I was discussing. Don't deflect.

You can post about any weather anywhere you like, of course, but if YOU will read the thread and be honest, you will see that your focus on Texas in general and the Tyler/Chandler area in particular is a bit strange, considering that you don't live here.

You will also see that I am perfectly capable of looking up specifics regarding weather and weather updates, and you and I both know that you have not been trying to be helpful toward me in providing them.

So -- glad we had this little talk. To reiterate:

1. Thanks, but I can and do look up my own weather updates daily, often several times a day, so there's no need for you to do it for me.
2. When you're discussing what I say and repeating it, it's best to be correct and specific - perhaps you could use the Quote option so that you don't unintentionally misrepresent what I've said. Speaking of which, I never once said "I got a shade, a tent, so it feels like nothing." If you're going to quote me, please do so accurately.

Glad we got that straight.
You're upset. It's my fault. I'm sorry. Hope you feel better. At least it's not 100 degrees though.

Old 06-18-2018, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
You're upset. It's my fault. I'm sorry. Hope you feel better. At least it's not 100 degrees though.
LOL I'm not upset. I do wonder though why you want me to be upset.

I just came in from chilling outdoors. It feels great outside to me. Lots of neighbors walking and socializing - it's really nice out there, but it's getting dark and Netflix and a glass of vino is calling my name!

I hope all my new plants live. I just checked on all of them and so far so good. Hoping for rain tomorrow - it's in the forecast but who knows at this point!

Old 06-20-2018, 10:01 AM

1,508 posts, read 526,283 times
Let's get this straight: SoCal is NOT warm all year round. Ditto for Northern Florida.
Parts of SoCal (San Bernardinio, Riverside) and Northern Florida (Panhandle) regularly see temps drop below 40 degrees (ok, that might be very mild compared to most other locations, but when it's raining and 40 degrees, the dampness makes it feel significantly colder. Both SoCal and Northern Florida receive alot of winter rain).

I actually like the "change of seasons" in inland California, where it's very hot and dry during the summer (most summers go by without a drop of rain). Winter rain is a welcome respite from that brutal heat. Also, I like sloshing around cold rain in rainboots.

Old 06-20-2018, 08:21 PM

Today the highs were only in the 70s and we had a gentle, rumbly sort of rain all day long, which was great. Tomorrow it's back to typical June weather here in Texas - but this was also some pretty typical June weather now that I think of it.

I was out and about in the rain today and everyone was loving it. We know we have some hot dry days ahead of us most likely, though the past two summers have actually been pretty moderate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or