U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2018, 08:25 AM

3,017 posts, read 1,871,864 times

Advertisements

Change of seasons is underrated. After 3 months I am always ready for the next one, which is why I couldn't live in the South (especially southwest) where the seasons are basically hot and hotter.

P.S. Winter in MN is only 3 months (at least to Minnesotans).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2018, 09:38 AM

44,797 posts, read 36,186,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
Change of seasons is underrated. After 3 months I am always ready for the next one, which is why I couldn't live in the South (especially southwest) where the seasons are basically hot and hotter.

P.S. Winter in MN is only 3 months (at least to Minnesotans).
LOL apparently "winter" is subjective - or maybe you mean technically it's only three months long (on paper, by the stars, whatever), but to some people, myself included, when it's 50 degrees outside it feels like winter and may as well be winter!

Old 07-13-2018, 10:15 AM

4,231 posts, read 2,512,840 times
Winter is coming . My kids were back on the ice for hockey last night.

Meanwhile I was dying of heat in the lobby. I wanted to go belly-slide across the ice.

Old 07-13-2018, 10:23 AM

3,017 posts, read 1,871,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
LOL apparently "winter" is subjective - or maybe you mean technically it's only three months long (on paper, by the stars, whatever), but to some people, myself included, when it's 50 degrees outside it feels like winter and may as well be winter!
No I mean it's 100% only three months.... November is still Fall and March is typically the beginning of Spring. Sure both months might have snow, but it almost never sticks around for longer than 1 day.

That's not Winter... when your average high is < 32 degrees, then you have winter.

Old 07-13-2018, 04:53 PM

44,797 posts, read 36,186,607 times
Quote:
No I mean it's 100% only three months.... November is still Fall and March is typically the beginning of Spring. Sure both months might have snow, but it almost never sticks around for longer than 1 day.

That's not Winter... when your average high is < 32 degrees, then you have winter.
Like I said, it's subjective. To me, if it's snowing it's winter. Heck, if it's below 50 degrees it's winter.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:03 PM

6,501 posts, read 4,079,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Like I said, it's subjective. To me, if it's snowing it's winter. Heck, if it's below 50 degrees it's winter.
I agree with you, Kathryn. I spent some time in southern Michigan. March was NOT spring. There wasn't a leaf or bud anywhere for the entire month and the ponds were still frozen. In fact, it was still gray, leafless, and SNOWING on the first of April. I considered the whole month to be winter! Maybe Minnesota is significantly different, but I doubt it.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again...if in only three months you are so tired of each season that you can't wait for the next one, then having "four seasons" is definitely overrated. I never get tired of clear, sunny, breezy days in the 60s and 70s. A little rain now and then is nice too.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:05 PM

4,857 posts, read 2,986,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post

I've said it before, but I'll say it again...if in only three months you are so tired of each season that you can't wait for the next one, then having "four seasons" is definitely overrated. I never get tired of clear, sunny, breezy days in the 60s and 70s. A little rain now and then is nice too.
Where do you get that?

Old 07-13-2018, 05:45 PM

1,231 posts, read 507,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
I agree with you, Kathryn. I spent some time in southern Michigan. March was NOT spring. There wasn't a leaf or bud anywhere for the entire month and the ponds were still frozen. In fact, it was still gray, leafless, and SNOWING on the first of April. I considered the whole month to be winter! Maybe Minnesota is significantly different, but I doubt it.

Iím with you 100%. I spent my college years in southern Michigan and your assessment is spot on, in fact much of April is no treat either.

I too can never get tired of our weather in Southern California. If I do, I drive 2 hours and get my four season fix. Nothing like surfing in the morning, and skiing in the afternoon.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:48 PM

2,366 posts, read 443,532 times
Quote:
If that's your definition of winter then it doesn't apply to Minnesota. Snow sticks around longer than 1 day in March and November.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:49 PM

1,798 posts, read 1,163,299 times
No sir and will never lose its appeal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or