U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2018, 07:17 PM

6,061 posts, read 3,386,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Pretty much. Though, I don't know if I would get sick of fall, ever. It's special in places with 4 seasons.

I think it was in this thread where someone posted the change of seasons dictated what we wear and eat. It's great.

Well fall is my favourite but I also love winter, so right after Thanksgiving is when I'm anxious for December to start. Black Friday is when I officially listen to Christmas music and start decorating.

I like November but it does feel like a drag sometimes. The best of the fall foliage is gone (at least here) but the good snow is yet to come for a couple more weeks. But there's Thanksgiving to look forward to!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2018, 09:02 PM

44,775 posts, read 36,172,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Well fall is my favourite but I also love winter, so right after Thanksgiving is when I'm anxious for December to start. Black Friday is when I officially listen to Christmas music and start decorating.

I like November but it does feel like a drag sometimes. The best of the fall foliage is gone (at least here) but the good snow is yet to come for a couple more weeks. But there's Thanksgiving to look forward to!
LOL we still have fall leaves fallng in December here! But of course, we also have about five months of summer. So there's that.

We are truly in the dog days of summer right now.

Old 08-03-2018, 08:43 AM

284 posts, read 165,398 times
Well, imo, the NY metro area sucks in general. Go 2 hours north, you’ll probably love it. I need a change of season personally

Old 08-03-2018, 09:03 AM

6,855 posts, read 7,802,585 times
Summer is overrated.

Old 08-03-2018, 09:52 AM

4,856 posts, read 2,984,533 times
Quote:

I saw some fall decorations at Wal Mart the other day. Unbelievable. I love the Holidays in a 4 season location.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:17 PM

6,061 posts, read 3,386,291 times
Quote:
I saw some fall decorations at Wal Mart the other day. Unbelievable. I love the Holidays in a 4 season location.
It's a bit early now but whatever. I cant stand how they rush Christmas stuff out by September 1st, though.

Old 08-21-2018, 05:07 PM

Quote:
It's a bit early now but whatever. I cant stand how they rush Christmas stuff out by September 1st, though.
Friends are saying temps are low 50's to low 80's in Colorado. Almost fall time haha.

Old 08-22-2018, 01:33 PM

44,775 posts, read 36,172,094 times
This morning it felt great outside! I much prefer when I walk outside in the morning or at night for it to be cooler than inside (which I keep at about 72 to 74 degrees). So while we've got a hot week ahead of us, we caught a little break this morning and through September that's how the season will subtly shift here in NE Texas - still hot during the day but cooler mornings and nights.

Yesterday, though the afternoon high was around 95, the humidity was low (hence the cool morning) and a nice little breeze was blowing and it felt great outside. I spent a lot of the afternoon out in the backyard, weeding, playing with the dogs, hanging stuff out on the line, sunning bedding and all that good jazz. That bright, hot summer sun is a great disinfectant and clothes dryer!

And everything smells so good when I bring it inside.

Today is hot again, but once again with that low humidity, and it's just GORGEOUS out there. In fact, I think I'll head to the patio with a big glass of iced tea and a couple of dogs in just a few minutes! I need to enjoy it while I can because the next few days are going to be hotter and more humid. Dog days of summer in Texas.

Old 08-22-2018, 02:00 PM

87 here in Clemson. Looked up Denver and it's 75 at 2 pm. Absurd.

Old 08-22-2018, 02:13 PM

6,561 posts, read 10,270,983 times
Quote:
87 here in Clemson. Looked up Denver and it's 75 at 2 pm. Absurd.
It's actually pretty nice. A little too humid for my liking, though. Just looked at the Dallas forecast. 90s today with triple digit heat returning tomorrow. Eww. I don't miss that one iota. I'll take our little bit of stickiness over that any day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or