U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2018, 01:37 PM

6,499 posts, read 4,079,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Ya gotta bundle up for a proper holiday. Christmas markets somehow wouldn’t feel the same in shorts.
Seems to me the worst of the cold weather in "four seasons" climates is AFTER the holidays.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2018, 01:57 PM

1,900 posts, read 830,113 times
Quote:
Ya gotta bundle up for a proper holiday. Christmas markets somehow wouldn’t feel the same in shorts.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=caFenoNHx4c

Philadelphia should give Cory Popp the keys the to city. The man always makes Philadelphia looks absolutely STUNNING. I love his videos on this great city. Simply beautiful.

Old 12-16-2018, 02:32 PM

49 posts, read 17,792 times
I like moderate seasons, like you have in parts of Texas or even Southern Cal. No extremes.

If I HAD to pick, I'd choose a year round climate that is warm, just because my bones are getting older.

Old 12-16-2018, 03:17 PM

6,854 posts, read 7,802,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Seems to me the worst of the cold weather in "four seasons" climates is AFTER the holidays.
Wouldn’t call it the “worst” weather, but most of the snow comes after the holidays. Can’t wait!

Old 12-16-2018, 09:16 PM

6,060 posts, read 3,386,291 times
Quote:
Wouldn’t call it the “worst” weather, but most of the snow comes after the holidays. Can’t wait!

The worst weather to me is the dog days of late August and mid September. Ugh! Snow in mid spring sucks too, but not as much as Indian summer IMO. Indian summers can be nice I guess but not down south lol.

Old 12-17-2018, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
The worst weather to me is the dog days of late August and mid September. Ugh! Snow in mid spring sucks too, but not as much as Indian summer IMO. Indian summers can be nice I guess but not down south lol.
Agree. But at least there are far fewer miserable summer days in the north.

Old 12-17-2018, 05:46 AM

44,768 posts, read 36,172,094 times
Quote:
And far fewer miserable winter days in the south.

To each his or her own.

Old 12-17-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
And far fewer miserable winter days in the south.

To each his or her own.
Winter doesn’t bother me a bit. So, yes, this is ”my own.” You should know that from earlier posts I’ve made in this thread, yet you always seem to comment on my preferences.

For the record, I’ll take a month of days like this over a single, hot, sweaty, oppressive, miserable and long Texas day:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0nAfPQPUaAw

I’ll save your impulse to comment here by wrapping this up with your own always apropos wisdom: “To each, his or her own.” This is my own.

Cheers!

Old 12-17-2018, 10:12 AM

887 posts, read 441,448 times
Quote:
The only real mild and cool summer in Minnesota is along the North Shore where Lake Superior keeps the adjacent land cool. Grand Marais has one of the coolest summers in the state.

Outside of that strip of land, Minnesota can get pretty warm (although not as miserable as the South).

Old 12-17-2018, 10:15 AM

4,857 posts, read 2,984,533 times
Quote:
Winter doesn’t bother me a bit. So, yes, this is ”my own.” You should know that from earlier posts I’ve made in this thread, yet you always seem to comment on my preferences.

For the record, I’ll take a month of days like this over a single, hot, sweaty, oppressive, miserable and long Texas day:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0nAfPQPUaAw

I’ll save your impulse to comment here by wrapping this up with your own always apropos wisdom: “To each, his or her own.” This is my own.

Cheers!
You crack me up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or