U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2019, 09:07 PM

44,953 posts, read 36,237,009 times

Advertisements

Wow, it's really cold in many places in the US this week.

It dropped 20 degrees here in NE Texas between yesterday afternoon and this afternoon - I had to break out my cardigans and boots at this brisk high of 45. Brrr! Should get below freezing (about 30 degrees) tonight. Thankfully the high tomorrow will be around 50. Still chilly enough for booties and maybe a scarf but that's about it. Sunshine in the afternoon.

I'm expecting another cold snap or two but I gotta admit - I love this sunny, chilly weather. Usually it's cloudy and dark and sort of drippy in January so this is pretty nice. I mean, it's SUPPOSED to get cold in January!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2019, 11:45 PM

1,231 posts, read 510,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Ah yes, at last a real winter in the Midwest.
I went to school in Michigan and never met one person that liked sub zero temperatures, not even the natives.

Old 01-30-2019, 07:51 AM

9,013 posts, read 2,742,576 times
It's -5 here in KC right now and it's not really that bad at all (I just came in from outside). There's very little wind, only a slight breeze at best. I actually like really cold weather IF there's no wind. Nice 'n crisp and brisk.

Old 01-30-2019, 10:05 AM

9,523 posts, read 13,464,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tman7117 View Post
Not to say that it's wrong to like a change of seasons, but I personally don't see why people like it so much.
Living in the New York metro area, an area that gets 4 very distinct seasons, I can't stand it. Especially the change from summer to fall when it's that awkward point in late September/October and you don't know what to where because it's 40 degrees in the morning and 75 by 1 in the afternoon. Don't even get me started on winter. I'd rather have a year long summer/warm climate like So.Cal or Texas/Florida

Anyone else feel this way?
I live in the NYC metro and I love change of seasons, ESPECIALLY from summer to fall, when all the leaves start to change and it's just gorgeous.

Old 01-30-2019, 10:09 AM

4,857 posts, read 2,993,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I live in the NYC metro and I love change of seasons, ESPECIALLY from summer to fall, when all the leaves start to change and it's just gorgeous.
Football starts then too. It's great.

Old 01-30-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Football starts then too. It's great.
Ya & Christmas to me would be strange if I lived in a warm climate.

Old 01-30-2019, 10:56 AM

1,231 posts, read 510,911 times
Quote:
It's -5 here in KC right now and it's not really that bad at all (I just came in from outside). There's very little wind, only a slight breeze at best. I actually like really cold weather IF there's no wind. Nice 'n crisp and brisk.
You say that on here. I seriously doubt the talk around KC today is how itís a nice -5. Like I said before, I never once heard anyone say they like sub zero temps when I was in school. Ok there was always that one guy who had to be different, but they were usually a bit off, or full of it just to get attention. If you genuinely enjoy it, which I really donít believe, more power to you. You must be stoked right now.

Old 01-30-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
You say that on here. I seriously doubt the talk around KC today is how it’s a nice -5. Like I said before, I never once heard anyone say they like sub zero temps when I was in school. Ok there was always that one guy who had to be different, but they were usually a bit off, or full of it just to get attention. If you genuinely enjoy it, which I really don’t believe, more power to you. You must be stoked right now.
Some people do love cold weather. I personally hate it, but I love where I live so I just deal with it. It happens a few times a year where it gets extremely cold and we just deal with it. Most of the winter here in NYC is entirely bearable.

Old 01-30-2019, 11:29 AM

5,188 posts, read 3,724,967 times
Quote:
I went to school in Michigan and never met one person that liked sub zero temperatures, not even the natives.
Quote:
Quote:
You say that on here. I seriously doubt the talk around KC today is how it’s a nice -5. Like I said before, I never once heard anyone say they like sub zero temps when I was in school. Ok there was always that one guy who had to be different, but they were usually a bit off, or full of it just to get attention. If you genuinely enjoy it, which I really don’t believe, more power to you. You must be stoked right now.
I like the snow and cold weather, but I work from home, which makes a big difference. I was out this morning doing science experiments in the -25 degree temps. Currently -18, but bright and sunny and tonight we're supposed to hit -30 (not including windchill).

Old 01-30-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
I like the snow and cold weather, but I work from home, which makes a big difference. I was out this morning doing science experiments in the -25 degree temps. Currently -18, but bright and sunny and tonight we're supposed to hit -30 (not including windchill).
My warm thoughts are with all you Midwesterners!!

5 degrees here predicted tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or