U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-27-2019, 07:55 PM
 
Location: Wonderland
44,880 posts, read 36,203,761 times
Reputation: 63544

Advertisements

Speaking of changes of seasons, it's that time of year here - the schizophrenic, or maybe multiple personality, time of year. Today the temps were in the mid 60s. Tomorrow the daytime temps will be in the mid 40s. My gosh, I don't know how to dress - I have to check the weather forecast each morning!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-28-2019, 06:02 AM
 
Location: Downtown Phoenix, AZ
18,927 posts, read 6,877,659 times
Reputation: 5856
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Speaking of changes of seasons, it's that time of year here - the schizophrenic, or maybe multiple personality, time of year. Today the temps were in the mid 60s. Tomorrow the daytime temps will be in the mid 40s. My gosh, I don't know how to dress - I have to check the weather forecast each morning!
You're telling me. Fiance and I are going to Dallas Friday to visit her family for a few days, and not looking forward to those 30s Sunday and Monday (especially considering it's going to be in the 70s back here)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2019, 06:23 AM
 
Location: Wonderland
44,880 posts, read 36,203,761 times
Reputation: 63544
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
You're telling me. Fiance and I are going to Dallas Friday to visit her family for a few days, and not looking forward to those 30s Sunday and Monday (especially considering it's going to be in the 70s back here)
Heck it was in the 70s here a few days ago! My nose is all stopped up!

Oh well, Dallas (and the Tyler area, where I live) is supposed to get up into the mid 50s Friday through Sunday, but Monday looks CRAZY (high in the low 30s???????? Lows in the 20s????????). We have several nights coming up with lows below freezing. See I KNEW not to plant anything!!!!!!!

February and March have crazy weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2019, 11:07 AM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
6,061 posts, read 3,390,242 times
Reputation: 7710
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I never use water, always use milk. I use a hot cocoa mix (Hersheys, I believe) along with the milk. Or I use cocoa, sugar, and the milk. Never water. Never. Let it be an anathema! Oh, and if I use cocoa and sugar, I add a pinch of salt. Coconut sounds good. I've added a dash of vanilla in the past and that's also good.

Anyway, with this Mr Coffee thing, you just put the milk and cocoa or mix or whatever, in the deal and it stirs it and heats it up for you, so no standing over the stove stirring a pot. I really like it but we will probably only use it a few times a year, because most evenings in our short winters, I either make hot Earl Grey tea or make coffee in the French press.



Good. Water hot chocolate is a sin lol.


I melt a dark chocolate bar in the boiling milk. I don't mind stirring it myself, its pretty relaxing. I should try vanilla sometime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2019, 09:50 AM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
6,061 posts, read 3,390,242 times
Reputation: 7710
God what a cold start to spring. Was -6 when I woke up! Ughhh!!! I don't mind this is January but come on now, its March. Make it at least 25 lol. It'll be worth it when the tulips start poking out in April, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2019, 10:26 AM
 
Location: Clemson, SC by way of Tyler,TX
4,857 posts, read 2,989,000 times
Reputation: 3399
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
God what a cold start to spring. Was -6 when I woke up! Ughhh!!! I don't mind this is January but come on now, its March. Make it at least 25 lol. It'll be worth it when the tulips start poking out in April, though.
Same in Denver. But it looks to be 50+ by Wednesday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2019, 02:40 PM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
6,061 posts, read 3,390,242 times
Reputation: 7710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Same in Denver. But it looks to be 50+ by Wednesday.



As much as I am looking forward to 50s, I think we need to ease on to it, because the potential for flooding is crazy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2019, 09:36 PM
 
Location: New Mexico
6,584 posts, read 3,670,806 times
Reputation: 12396
When I was making frequent trips to New Mexico from central Missouri, I always enjoyed going in mid to late March because I would meet spring on the way, usually around Tulsa or Oklahoma City. The Bradford Pear trees would be in bloom and maybe some other ornamental fruit trees or forsythia bushes. It would be freezing cold in Missouri, maybe snowing, and shirt-sleeve temperature in the Rio Grande Valley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2019, 04:05 PM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
6,061 posts, read 3,390,242 times
Reputation: 7710
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
When I was making frequent trips to New Mexico from central Missouri, I always enjoyed going in mid to late March because I would meet spring on the way, usually around Tulsa or Oklahoma City. The Bradford Pear trees would be in bloom and maybe some other ornamental fruit trees or forsythia bushes. It would be freezing cold in Missouri, maybe snowing, and shirt-sleeve temperature in the Rio Grande Valley.



Its very interesting to drive north/south in the shoulder seasons. Couple years back in October I drove from Texas to Kansas. In Texas, well it had been a very hot fall and everything was still very green. Somewhere around central Oklahoma we had a few colourful leaves but still mostly green. And while Kansas was still largely green, there were still plenty of beautifully coloured leaves, way more than Texas at least. Had we headed even further north we would have seen peak foliage as this was late October. Last fall we peaked around mid October, the one before in late October. All depends on how the weather goes. My first fall in Texas we had some colour by Halloween, but the one after not til mid November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2019, 06:12 AM
 
Location: Wonderland
44,880 posts, read 36,203,761 times
Reputation: 63544
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
God what a cold start to spring. Was -6 when I woke up! Ughhh!!! I don't mind this is January but come on now, its March. Make it at least 25 lol. It'll be worth it when the tulips start poking out in April, though.

It's been a very cold spring here too, this week anyway. It's been in the low 20s for the past several mornings, with north winds at 15 to 20 MPH so it felt even colder - more like 14 degrees or so. In fact, it's only 26 right now! BRRRRR!!!!!!! But for the next ten days the highs should be in the upper 50s or lower 60s - with rain many of those days. That's more like a typical spring here, but I am tired of all the rain. We've had so much rain this past six months that my lawn is just like a sponge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top