U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-06-2019, 07:11 AM
 
Location: Tennessee
34,682 posts, read 33,681,492 times
Reputation: 51867

Advertisements

You can shoot me now if I had to spend Fall in any big city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-06-2019, 12:49 PM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
6,060 posts, read 3,381,283 times
Reputation: 7704
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
You can shoot me now if I had to spend Fall in any big city.

Fall in the city is nice, too. Like at a city park. The leaves against skyscrapers. I love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2019, 12:53 PM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
6,060 posts, read 3,381,283 times
Reputation: 7704
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
It's been a very cold spring here too, this week anyway. It's been in the low 20s for the past several mornings, with north winds at 15 to 20 MPH so it felt even colder - more like 14 degrees or so. In fact, it's only 26 right now! BRRRRR!!!!!!! But for the next ten days the highs should be in the upper 50s or lower 60s - with rain many of those days. That's more like a typical spring here, but I am tired of all the rain. We've had so much rain this past six months that my lawn is just like a sponge.



Yea, I am ready for 30s, 40s and definitely 50s. Melt all this snow and make the grass so green. I love rain myself but I did get sick of it in early October when it rained almost every day for a week and a half it seemed. Now I'm sick of the snow, lol. More this weekend but with warming temps it shouldn't be so bad. Any weather even weather I love, gets tiring after a while with no breaks. When its summer time in June I'll be enjoying the upper 80s-mid 90s which are perfect summer temps, but by late August I'm aching for the 60s and 50s again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2019, 12:58 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon (in Transition)
883 posts, read 439,483 times
Reputation: 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Yea, I am ready for 30s, 40s and definitely 50s. Melt all this snow and make the grass so green. I love rain myself but I did get sick of it in early October when it rained almost every day for a week and a half it seemed. Now I'm sick of the snow, lol. More this weekend but with warming temps it shouldn't be so bad. Any weather even weather I love, gets tiring after a while with no breaks. When its summer time in June I'll be enjoying the upper 80s-mid 90s which are perfect summer temps, but by late August I'm aching for the 60s and 50s again.
At least the "Air Conditioned City" gets tourist money from the heat refugees from the Cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2019, 09:31 PM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
6,060 posts, read 3,381,283 times
Reputation: 7704
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsnicker3 View Post
At least the "Air Conditioned City" gets tourist money from the heat refugees from the Cities.

Had a couple customers last winter come down from Brainerd as an "escape from the cold." It was around 0 here and waaay colder up there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 11:47 AM
 
Location: Wonderland
44,713 posts, read 36,132,256 times
Reputation: 63310
Well, spring has done sprung in Texas and we are supposed to have a bumper crop of wildflowers this year, due to all the rain we had in October. Hubs and I are planning a road trip in a couple of weeks, mainly to see the wildflowers and go antiquing. I love love love me some Texas spring!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 12:04 PM
 
615 posts, read 175,626 times
Reputation: 426
This thread has basically turned into a blog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 03:28 PM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
6,060 posts, read 3,381,283 times
Reputation: 7704
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappyJoe View Post
This thread has basically turned into a blog.



But its proof that the 4 seasons are not overrated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 03:55 PM
 
6,483 posts, read 4,069,179 times
Reputation: 16747
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappyJoe View Post
This thread has basically turned into a blog.
And yet most of us STILL don't want to live in Texas! (Love you, Kathryn. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 04:53 PM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
6,060 posts, read 3,381,283 times
Reputation: 7704
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well, spring has done sprung in Texas and we are supposed to have a bumper crop of wildflowers this year, due to all the rain we had in October. Hubs and I are planning a road trip in a couple of weeks, mainly to see the wildflowers and go antiquing. I love love love me some Texas spring!

Any bluebonnets yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top