U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2019, 04:08 PM

4,980 posts, read 3,065,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Most of the country has been baking for the past month for sure!
Been hot everywhere except the west coast I think. Scorching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2019, 04:30 PM

45,643 posts, read 36,699,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Next week our lows overnight will be in the 60s and the highs in the 80s! Considering it's July in Texas, I'm stoked! Three days of cool mornings and temperate days - then back to the oven again.

Old 07-21-2019, 06:46 PM
sub

857 posts, read 438,265 times
Quote:
Ive been in Southern California and its plenty hot just a little ways inland. Looking forward to heading up north and more than ready for some fall.

Old 07-23-2019, 07:49 AM

15,607 posts, read 17,888,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
I’ve been in Southern California and it’s plenty hot just a little ways inland. Looking forward to heading up north and more than ready for some fall.
California is 163,696 mi, ranges from 3232′ N to 42 N latitude, and climbs from below sea level to 14,500 ft above sea level, yet people generalize the entire state's climate based on a 5 mile wide strip of coast less than 200 miles long.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:01 AM

45,643 posts, read 36,699,047 times
I just read a notation on social media that it is going to be a whopping 88 degrees farenheit in London today, and people are headed for the pub or whatever to escape the heat.

Meanwhile, here in Texas, a "cold front" has come in and for the next few days the highs are going to be in the upper 80s and lows in the mid 60s and I am as happy as a clam! Planning outdoor things, all stoked up, etc.

Perspective. And AC. Two things that can make a huge difference in one's perception of weather.

Old 07-23-2019, 09:17 AM

10,673 posts, read 14,464,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
But I rarely see/hear far more people in warm/hot climates talk about how they're itching to move to a cold one. I do see plenty of people up north looking to move to colder ones.
Maybe they aren't as vocal, but I'm pretty sure they are there. I know every summer we get an uptick in the number of people to the TN forum looking for a milder climate. Plenty of halfbacks, and I suppose they count.
I definitely wanted to move back from the Gulf Coast states to a slightly colder area.

And humblebrag- today it's 64f here at 11am in northeast TN. All my windows are open, I'm listening to the birds singing, with rain and thunder in the distance. LOVIN' IT!

Old 07-23-2019, 02:37 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,458,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1962 View Post
Nov in Chicago ain't sweatshirt weather. Most people have on a good jacket, ESPECIALLY come November. NYE should be spent in the cold for what rationale reason? Vegas baby!

Y'all soft. I wear sweatshirts down to the 20s particularly if its sunny. November in Chicago has average highs in the 40s. That's def sweatershirt weather. Hell I stay wearing flannel shirts with no jackets well into November up here in Minny.

Old 07-23-2019, 02:47 PM

I appreciate summer a lot more up north, and it's not necessarily because how cold winter is, but rather just how idyllic summer is. It can get hot, as it should, but not for too long. It gets JUST warm enough to go swimming most days, but cools off enough at night for a pleasant walk that doesn't feel like you're walking inside a dishwashing machine.

Also, camping is more doable here. I can't imagine trying to camp where the lows in the summer are above 70 most days. It's so hard for me to sleep at night when it's hot. An afternoon nap? Sure. A healthy 6-8 hour sleep? God no.

Old 07-23-2019, 04:50 PM

4,980 posts, read 3,065,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
I appreciate summer a lot more up north, and it's not necessarily because how cold winter is, but rather just how idyllic summer is. It can get hot, as it should, but not for too long. It gets JUST warm enough to go swimming most days, but cools off enough at night for a pleasant walk that doesn't feel like you're walking inside a dishwashing machine.

Also, camping is more doable here. I can't imagine trying to camp where the lows in the summer are above 70 most days. It's so hard for me to sleep at night when it's hot. An afternoon nap? Sure. A healthy 6-8 hour sleep? God no.
That's what I remember about Denver's summer. Yeah, it can be hot, but once the sun goes down, it's almost chilly.

Old 08-06-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
That's what I remember about Denver's summer. Yeah, it can be hot, but once the sun goes down, it's almost chilly.

Well my SO is in Fort Hood and he has to sleep outside for training and with how hot it is down here, I don't envy him! If God forbid he gets deployed to Kuwait, the weather there makes anywhere in Texas seem like a cool mountain village.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or