U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2017, 07:23 PM

1,900 posts, read 827,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Where do you live now that "doesn't have seasons"?
Texas.
There are only really 2 seasons here where I'm at IMHO.

I still like it here. TX is a great place to live. But the lack of seasons is a one big disadvantage for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 08:21 PM

44,684 posts, read 36,118,702 times
Texas is a mighty big state. Whether you have distinct seasons or not depends on which region of Texas you're in.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:02 PM

1,900 posts, read 827,500 times
I'm sure there is a corner in TX somewhere where one can get something that resembles 4 distinct seasons (I heard for example the panhandle might offer that) but from what I have seen in the 4 big spots/areas of the state (SA, Austin, Houston and DFW) it's pretty much 2.
Not sure about El Paso..........

Old 10-28-2017, 04:04 AM

377 posts, read 201,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
I'm sure there is a corner in TX somewhere where one can get something that resembles 4 distinct seasons (I heard for example the panhandle might offer that) but from what I have seen in the 4 big spots/areas of the state (SA, Austin, Houston and DFW) it's pretty much 2.
Not sure about El Paso..........
Try the panhandle. Amarillo. You're guaranteed some snow there every winter.

Subjectively speaking, I'd classify DFW as having 4 seasons, just barely qualifying but qualifying nonetheless.

Old 10-28-2017, 06:21 AM

335 posts, read 236,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Agree, I could never live in Florida or any Southern state year round. Ideally, I'd like to do the snowbird thing when I get near retirement. Spend May through December in the Midwest (Chicago or similar) and then head South for January through April. Rinse and repeat as needed.
I laugh because I was just reading a thread about Atlanta weather and you posted that in your opinion, weather in Atlanta was nearly perfect.

Old 10-28-2017, 02:33 PM

5,182 posts, read 3,712,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco1234 View Post
I laugh because I was just reading a thread about Atlanta weather and you posted that in your opinion, weather in Atlanta was nearly perfect.
People change, I realized how much I missed the snow after being away from it for so long. Hoping we get dumped on this Winter, can't wait to get the sleds, skates and other Winter toys out!

Hope all is going well with your transition. How's Alpharetta treating you?

Old 10-28-2017, 03:41 PM

1,957 posts, read 1,453,876 times
Atlanta DOES have four seasons. I feel like our fall foliage season is spectacular, too (from now until late November, pretty spectacular!)

Old 10-29-2017, 06:48 AM

6,850 posts, read 7,795,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
Atlanta DOES have four seasons. I feel like our fall foliage season is spectacular, too (from now until late November, pretty spectacular!)
Maybe you can post some pix. I did a google search and saw a lot of muted colors but nothing spectacular showed up. I did see some colors from the mountains that looked nice.

Old 10-29-2017, 07:26 AM

44,684 posts, read 36,118,702 times
I agree that the north Georgia region does have some great fall colors.

In my opinion, the northeast does have the most spectacular fall colors. But like every other region, it's a trade off - you can have amazing fall colors but you're also going to have one helluva long, cold winter and if you like that, it's great but if you don't - well, you still get it.

I'll tell you what my husband and I do - we take a trip to either Ohio (we have family there) or the northeast most falls. Then we come back to Texas and enjoy a mild, but terrific winter.

If it was totally up to me, I'd live in Virginia, because I think Virginia has the absolute best balance of four seasons - without a long or particularly icy winter (not my preference) - but Texas is my second favorite state so I'm happy. I did love the falls in Virginia and Maryland and really enjoyed living in those states for several years off and on over the course of my life. But the cost of living was astronomical.

It's always a trade off. I'm pleased to say though that contrary to popular belief, we do get some decent fall color here in northeast Texas - we just get it in November instead of October, and we are missing the most vibrant colors. But we still get swirling leaves and crisp days and nights, with lots of deep blue skies and sunshine and blustery winds, and I like that.

Old 10-29-2017, 05:40 PM

13,093 posts, read 13,477,370 times
I have lived both in a place with 4 distinct seasons and one where there are virtually no seasons whatsoever. While it's easier to dress for the weather in the latter, I definitely prefer the former, hands down. I miss the snow. I miss the spring. I miss fall colors and summer heat and storms. Some people prefer blandness. I don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or