U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2017, 12:14 PM

4,856 posts, read 2,984,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
See, I don't even start to feel hot till it's about 95 degrees, which is in late June or July in Texas - when it's supposed to be hot in my book.

I do admit though to disliking it when it's 65 degrees at Christmas. Of course, it's not always that way - just a few years ago we had a white Christmas here. But last year it was warmish and no, I didn't care for that.

What I do love here is the wet, icy January's and February's - that's about all the cold weather I want and I get to have a fire in the hearth, drink hot tea, all that good stuff - for two months. Then I'm totally over it.
I totally understand. Last couple of days in Denver have been nippy and I thought of you lol.

Great thing is if it's too cold, usually I get to work from home, and I love watching snowfall when I am indoors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2017, 05:34 PM

4,856 posts, read 2,984,533 times
Yikes, could be 94 in Dallas tomorrow

Old 11-01-2017, 09:04 PM

377 posts, read 202,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
But with a cool night of 63 so it won't be that bad.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:43 PM

2,808 posts, read 1,303,535 times
Quote:
yuck.

Old 11-01-2017, 11:20 PM

1,798 posts, read 1,163,299 times
Texas def has 4 seasons they have a winter especially Northern Texas gets some snow and ice. TN has the best 4 seasons thou nearly perfect 4 seasons even thou it has a bit of a shorter winter compared to a lot of places.

Old 11-02-2017, 04:24 PM

6,061 posts, read 3,386,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringSnow View Post
But with a cool night of 63 so it won't be that bad.

That's still unseasonably high, though. Average lows now should be in the 40s down there. Though they've had a cool end to October so what's one more day in the 90s?

Old 11-02-2017, 04:34 PM

406 posts, read 288,627 times
From what I see in my search it seems like states like TN, KY, VA, MD and NC have perfect balances of the 4 seasons (cold, not absolutely freezing winters, warm springs, hot summers, and cool falls)

Old 11-02-2017, 04:34 PM

6,061 posts, read 3,386,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
Texas def has 4 seasons they have a winter especially Northern Texas gets some snow and ice. TN has the best 4 seasons thou nearly perfect 4 seasons even thou it has a bit of a shorter winter compared to a lot of places.
I'd say anywhere north of I-20 in Texas definitely has 4 seasons. South of I-20 it starts to shift gradually as you go south. Also its interesting how I-20 curves southwest because I feel it works like that for weather. West Texas gets colder winters at lower latitudes because its drier and higher elevation.

Old 11-02-2017, 06:40 PM

44,785 posts, read 36,172,094 times
Quote:
I don't know what the high was in Dallas today because I don't live in Dallas (and it has more extreme weather in just about every direction than we have further east), but the news last night was saying it could hit the highest temp ever recorded in the Dallas area in November today. So that means it's an anomaly and not the norm but it's definitely not my preference for November.

Today's high here was 84 which I didn't much care for but at least it was quite windy. Right now it's 70 degrees and very pleasant outside so I plan to retire to the back patio with a glass of vino in a bit.

It will get down into the mid 60s tonight and that's fine by me. Next week about this time the forecast is for clear skies with lows in the 40s and highs in the 60s and we're planning a patio party with a big fire in the fire pit and it should be fabulous!

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USTX0234:1:US

Old 11-02-2017, 06:44 PM

44,785 posts, read 36,172,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
That's still unseasonably high, though. Average lows now should be in the 40s down there. Though they've had a cool end to October so what's one more day in the 90s?
It "only" reached 84 here today in northeast Texas, which is still unseasonably warm. Just two nights ago I was wearing boots and a coat and shivering in the cold rain running into the movie theater with wind and temps in the 40s so yeah, this is an unusual weather pattern for this time of year. Anyway, tomorrow the highs should be in the 70s with lows in the 60s and then we're in for a few unseasonably warm days (low 80s) till another cold front comes in Tuesday dropping the temps to the more typical highs in the 60s and lows in the 40s with lots of sunshine.

I much prefer that for November. But hey, at least we've got plenty of sunshine and a nice wind that's swirling the fall leaves around - and we've got some decent fall color starting (November is the month for fall color in much of Texas).

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USTX0234:1:US
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or