U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2017, 07:28 AM

6,059 posts, read 3,379,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
You hate Christmas music? Oh no! I also like the decorations. While Houston lacked in nippy weather, it was pretty big in decorations. Several shopping centers around the city wrap some of their palm trees in lights. Iíve never seen a saguaro decked out, however. I can see where that might be a kick.

As you noted a post or two back, Christmas is always best with family. Even in Florida.
There's the issue lol he hates Christmas music lol. I LOVE it as long as it's AFTER Thanksgiving. I just love the three months of October, November and December. The three best holidays and I love the nippy weather and transition from fall to winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2017, 07:33 AM

5,182 posts, read 3,712,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
There's the issue lol he hates Christmas music lol. I LOVE it as long as it's AFTER Thanksgiving. I just love the three months of October, November and December. The three best holidays and I love the nippy weather and transition from fall to winter.
Agree, and regarding "Black Ice", they heavily salt the roads where we live so it's rare to see any icing during the Winter in the Chicago burbs.

Old 11-06-2017, 12:15 PM

4,848 posts, read 2,975,563 times
Quote:
I agree best time of the year.

Old 11-06-2017, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Agree, and regarding "Black Ice", they heavily salt the roads where we live so it's rare to see any icing during the Winter in the Chicago burbs.

Yea, though that in itself takes a toll on your cars and you need to wash more frequently to prevent or reduce rust, but honestly everything comes with a price. You deal with icy roads and salt in colder climates, and you deal with issues from high heat in hotter climates. Since moving to Minnesota, I don't miss entering my car and it feeling like an oven in the summer. I've driven in 103 degrees with no AC and in 20 degrees with no heat. Both sucked but I'd take the latter any day. Driving heatless in the cold was uncomfortable but driving in the scorching heat with no air conditioning? Infuriating and miserable! Now below zero with no heat is a different situation, true, but even 80 with no AC can suck.

Old 11-06-2017, 03:55 PM

4,552 posts, read 3,635,459 times
Quote:
There is a very, very special place for people who get into Christmas frenzy on November 1st...

I am starting to dislike Christmas music less now that Amazon is a thing and I don't have to be bombarded with it to do the holiday shopping. I just hate hearing it everywhere I go.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
Maybe because I don't have this weird obsession with weather and the holidays. What I associate with the holidays is my time with the family, not if it is snowing. And for most of the world, that's the exact same way.

Though I found it funny I was called a Southerner earlier in the thread. That's a new one.
I don't think being concerned about weather is an obsession. It's an important part of life.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I don't know what the high was in Dallas today because I don't live in Dallas (and it has more extreme weather in just about every direction than we have further east), but the news last night was saying it could hit the highest temp ever recorded in the Dallas area in November today. So that means it's an anomaly and not the norm but it's definitely not my preference for November.

Today's high here was 84 which I didn't much care for but at least it was quite windy. Right now it's 70 degrees and very pleasant outside so I plan to retire to the back patio with a glass of vino in a bit.

It will get down into the mid 60s tonight and that's fine by me. Next week about this time the forecast is for clear skies with lows in the 40s and highs in the 60s and we're planning a patio party with a big fire in the fire pit and it should be fabulous!

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USTX0234:1:US
I find your sensitivity and defensiveness endearing.

Old 11-09-2017, 03:25 PM

13,217 posts, read 17,948,587 times
It's been cool and cloudy all day here in my corner of northeast Georgia after an overnight and early morning rain event. This is a very soothing and refreshing change. Dealing with persistent intense sunshine, morning lows in the 60s and 70s, and afternoon highs in the 80s, 90s and 100s for six straight months is a drag, not to mention physically draining. Periods of cloud cover with temperatures in the 40s and 50s are much easier on my eyes, and also allow me to turn my air conditioner off and save energy.

Old 11-10-2017, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
There is a very, very special place for people who get into Christmas frenzy on November 1st...

I am starting to dislike Christmas music less now that Amazon is a thing and I don't have to be bombarded with it to do the holiday shopping. I just hate hearing it everywhere I go.

I agree with the first sentence. People need to wait until AFTER Thanksgiving! But come Black Friday and I am Buddy the Elf.

Old 11-10-2017, 02:13 AM

18,458 posts, read 9,554,421 times
I hate winter in the PNW where I normally reside. I lived for 18 months in Arequipa, Peru which has essentially perfect weather (to me) every day of the year and didn't miss the brutal heat or cold whatsoever. Now I'm working in Kuwait and I hate the 120F+ summer temps but now that it's in the mid-80's during the day with low humidity, lovin it.

You change of season people (including my wife) I don't understand how you can like weather that requires you to put several layers on and have to deal with frozen roads....I understand some people (again like wife) like Christmas season but it's not for me, hate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or