U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2017, 04:11 PM

6,869 posts, read 7,823,193 times

Advertisements

Just returned from a wonderful performance of Haydnís The Seasons. Guess how many movements it had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2017, 06:04 PM

2,452 posts, read 1,289,016 times
Change of seasons is worth it in exactly two instances: on the dinner table, and on Netflix.

Old 12-01-2017, 08:23 AM

Not seeing a warm weather locale pulling off a winter garden along these lines: https://centercityphila.org/parks/di...k/wintergarden.

Heading over there tonight. Fun!!

Old 12-01-2017, 09:37 AM

45,140 posts, read 36,338,000 times
Hey, the leaves are turning here in NE Texas and it looks like fall - a few weeks before Christmas - LOL!

Monday looks weird but other than that, this forecast looks like a typical December in NE Texas:

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/75758:4:US

Old 12-05-2017, 09:34 AM

6,087 posts, read 3,407,582 times
We got a mild blizzard last night. Started as rain which changed to snow overnight. By 10 PM the ground and streets were covered. There's between 1-2 inches it seems. Today's cold and windy, currently 18 with a windchill of 1. Was sunnier earlier, now its cloudy. I haven't been out since it got overcast but an hour plus ago I was outside in the snow, looking at the decorations, walking around area and honestly... barely even cold. Why? I bundled up. Seriously y'all, put some layers on, double layer your socks and gloves, get a nice hat that covers your head and ears, a scarf... seriously comfortable. If its sunny it feels even nicer. I love winter and I love living where the holidays feel like a timeless movie. Its great! Overrated? Naahh. Not for me!

Old 12-05-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
We got a mild blizzard last night. Started as rain which changed to snow overnight. By 10 PM the ground and streets were covered. There's between 1-2 inches it seems. Today's cold and windy, currently 18 with a windchill of 1. Was sunnier earlier, now its cloudy. I haven't been out since it got overcast but an hour plus ago I was outside in the snow, looking at the decorations, walking around area and honestly... barely even cold. Why? I bundled up. Seriously y'all, put some layers on, double layer your socks and gloves, get a nice hat that covers your head and ears, a scarf... seriously comfortable. If its sunny it feels even nicer. I love winter and I love living where the holidays feel like a timeless movie. Its great! Overrated? Naahh. Not for me!
Iím jealous! We donít get nearly enough snow here in the mid-Atlantic. You guys also have a pretty impressive winter carnival, I understand. We may get up there next year. My hubby retires this February giving us the time to make the trip.

Old 12-05-2017, 12:26 PM

1,593 posts, read 837,846 times
I don't know if you rate the change of seasons very highly they are probably overrated.

Old 12-05-2017, 04:35 PM

390 posts, read 232,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
There's something about that crisp, clean, cold air. Makes a person feel good. Also kills off the weeds and keeps the flying insects in check. Dressing warmly is the key. As a kid we would spend the entire day playing out in the snow. Building forts, snowball fights, sledding. Then home for hot chocolate. Those were the days!! We also enjoyed Spring, Summer, and Fall and looked forward to the changes and fun things those seasons brought.

Last edited by ms12345; 12-05-2017 at 04:45 PM..

Old 12-05-2017, 09:59 PM

4,883 posts, read 3,007,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms12345 View Post
There's something about that crisp, clean, cold air. Makes a person feel good. Also kills off the weeds and keeps the flying insects in check. Dressing warmly is the key. As a kid we would spend the entire day playing out in the snow. Building forts, snowball fights, sledding. Then home for hot chocolate. Those were the days!! We also enjoyed Spring, Summer, and Fall and looked forward to the changes and fun things those seasons brought.
Yes to all of the above.

Old 12-05-2017, 10:25 PM

45,140 posts, read 36,338,000 times
LOL it's a positively frigid 43 degrees here with a north wind blustering about and that is plenty cold enough for me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or