U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2018, 12:34 PM

6,059 posts, read 3,379,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
How do y'all like these seasonal changes so far? LOL

I love them. Not enough snow this winter here, though. Only 4 inches and its already January. Jealous of the blizzard out on the east coast. I would love to have a big storm this season. Over here we need warmer weather for a storm because its so cold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2018, 12:36 PM

10,674 posts, read 8,182,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
I love them. Not enough snow this winter here, though. Only 4 inches and its already January. Jealous of the blizzard out on the east coast. I would love to have a big storm this season. Over here we need warmer weather for a storm because its so cold.
We need colder temperate maybe high of -15 and low -35

Old 01-05-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
My brother sent me a picture of his dash thermostat - NEGATIVE 19 degrees up in Ohio yesterday morning. No thank you!

Today is the "warmest" day so far in our cold snap - it's about 30 degrees right now and the sun is sparkling off the heavy frost. That's about how much cold I like in January!

Actually we were down in the teens for a few nights (with highs below freezing) for about four days and yeah - that was cold enough for me. I don't mind some cold weather in January. It's cold weather in March and April that I take issue with. Enough already!

Oh, and I don't want to have to bundle up inside my house either. I don't mind snuggling down with some big woolly socks on, under an afghan by the fire, but I don't want to have to walk around in thermal underwear or a jacket just to be comfortable in the house. Outside - yeah, I'm OK with layers. Inside, not so much.

What do you keep your thermostat all winter at? We keep ours at 67. Its cool enough where we can keep some lighter layers on but warm enough you don't need a thick jacket. I don't want the house to be too warm. Nothing's more annoying then having to remove so many layers every time you go inside. And the gas bill would be insane to keep it any warmer. I don't see it as a big deal, considering in Texas we set the house even lower than this with the AC on in summer, 67 is perfectly fine.

Old 01-05-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
We need colder temperate maybe high of -15 and low -35
That would be too cold to snow lol. -15 is the coldest its been this season. I'll be okay if it didn't get colder than that!

Old 01-05-2018, 01:23 PM

15,504 posts, read 17,720,777 times
Quote:
How do y'all like these seasonal changes so far? LOL
It is unseasonably warm and we are in drought conditions. Send some of that bomb cyclone over here!

Old 01-05-2018, 02:40 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,066,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
It is unseasonably warm and we are in drought conditions. Send some of that bomb cyclone over here!
Rain is coming.

Old 01-05-2018, 03:16 PM

44,684 posts, read 36,118,702 times
Quote:
What do you keep your thermostat all winter at? We keep ours at 67. Its cool enough where we can keep some lighter layers on but warm enough you don't need a thick jacket. I don't want the house to be too warm. Nothing's more annoying then having to remove so many layers every time you go inside. And the gas bill would be insane to keep it any warmer. I don't see it as a big deal, considering in Texas we set the house even lower than this with the AC on in summer, 67 is perfectly fine.

I keep it at about 69 in the winter and about 72 in the summer. That's comfortable for me and I don't have to take off and put on clothes all the time just to go in and out of the house. I mean, I don't mind a coat in the winter, or even a coat and scarf but when I lived in a much colder climate I had to have a mud room with hooks for all the gear because every time I went out I'd have to put on: coat, hat, gloves, scarf, extra socks, boots. Then in reverse coming back in except this time many items were cold, wet, and/or muddy.

Oh, and I had four kids to do the same with so to go in or out took us about 20 minutes of preparation or "unprepping."

And the dryer was down in the basement - four floors down - so there's that.

It's just not my thing.

Old 01-05-2018, 03:17 PM

44,684 posts, read 36,118,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Sorry - you'll have to get that from someone else - I'm in northeast Texas and we ain't got no stinkin' snowstorm here! Thank God. Been there, done that, bought the silk underwear and massive wool socks.

Old 01-05-2018, 05:56 PM

406 posts, read 287,937 times
Quote:
LOL you can have this blizzard!! I don't mind a nice light pretty snowfall that doesnt stick and cause car accidents/hours of shoveling, however blizzards where the state declares an emergency, and people get fined for driving on their street are not fun at all to me.

Old 01-05-2018, 06:54 PM

1,900 posts, read 827,500 times
Change of seasons and real 4 seasons is the only thing that TX is missing, from my point of view. Before somebody gets offended at least within the 3 big metros of TX.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or