U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-25-2018, 10:53 AM
 
Location: Wonderland
44,651 posts, read 36,106,549 times
Reputation: 63187

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
55 degrees? brrrrrrrr
LOL the sun made it feel like spring outside!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-25-2018, 10:08 PM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
6,053 posts, read 3,377,056 times
Reputation: 7690
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
LOL the sun made it feel like spring outside!
Our average high for April is 58 so for here, 55 is definitely springy! It felt like spring back in early December when it was 55 degrees in the morning. It then felt like winter again when it dropped down to 32 with a blizzard that same night lol. 55 is an optimal Texas winter high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2018, 05:37 AM
 
Location: Wonderland
44,651 posts, read 36,106,549 times
Reputation: 63187
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Our average high for April is 58 so for here, 55 is definitely springy! It felt like spring back in early December when it was 55 degrees in the morning. It then felt like winter again when it dropped down to 32 with a blizzard that same night lol. 55 is an optimal Texas winter high.
Yep, that's my sweet spot too because don't get me wrong, I don't mind cold mornings and nights - I just want winter afternoons to be sunny and in the 50s. That's not too much to ask, is it?

My husband works a lot up in the Pittsburgh (PA) area. It is SO cloudy and cold up there in the winter - and icy. It's also cloudy and cold in the spring. And cloudy and cold in the fall. They do have nice summers though. (He's basically up in the mountains outside of PA working - for some reason it is just always overcast and raining or snowing up there!) He gets sort of depressed because of the overcast, cold weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2018, 09:59 PM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
6,053 posts, read 3,377,056 times
Reputation: 7690
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Yep, that's my sweet spot too because don't get me wrong, I don't mind cold mornings and nights - I just want winter afternoons to be sunny and in the 50s. That's not too much to ask, is it?

My husband works a lot up in the Pittsburgh (PA) area. It is SO cloudy and cold up there in the winter - and icy. It's also cloudy and cold in the spring. And cloudy and cold in the fall. They do have nice summers though. (He's basically up in the mountains outside of PA working - for some reason it is just always overcast and raining or snowing up there!) He gets sort of depressed because of the overcast, cold weather.

I think the only overcast time period I have experienced since living here was the first few weeks of November. Even I started pining for the sun in those days, at least some sunshine. Most of the year has had enough sunshine for me. I like an even mix of sun/rain/clouds/snow/fog. Too much of the same gets boring. I like variety and seasonality.

What I love is those clear blue skies right after a snowstorm. This was the weather on Tuesday The snow really shines in the sunlight and the sun helps make the cold not feel as bad. And best of all it wasn't windy that day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2018, 06:53 AM
 
Location: Wonderland
44,651 posts, read 36,106,549 times
Reputation: 63187
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
I think the only overcast time period I have experienced since living here was the first few weeks of November. Even I started pining for the sun in those days, at least some sunshine. Most of the year has had enough sunshine for me. I like an even mix of sun/rain/clouds/snow/fog. Too much of the same gets boring. I like variety and seasonality.

What I love is those clear blue skies right after a snowstorm. This was the weather on Tuesday The snow really shines in the sunlight and the sun helps make the cold not feel as bad. And best of all it wasn't windy that day.
I'm so glad you like all that snow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2018, 09:05 AM
 
Location: Clemson, SC by way of Tyler,TX
4,843 posts, read 2,973,256 times
Reputation: 3387
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
I think the only overcast time period I have experienced since living here was the first few weeks of November. Even I started pining for the sun in those days, at least some sunshine. Most of the year has had enough sunshine for me. I like an even mix of sun/rain/clouds/snow/fog. Too much of the same gets boring. I like variety and seasonality.

What I love is those clear blue skies right after a snowstorm. This was the weather on Tuesday The snow really shines in the sunlight and the sun helps make the cold not feel as bad. And best of all it wasn't windy that day.
I love the fields of untouched white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2018, 11:20 AM
 
Location: San Antonio
5,286 posts, read 4,154,807 times
Reputation: 4349
Currently a windy 65 degrees with 80% humidity. Not an ideal January day for a lot of people, but for me this type of weather is perfect any day of the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2018, 09:00 PM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
6,053 posts, read 3,377,056 times
Reputation: 7690
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I'm so glad you like all that snow!

Its great. Still haven't been able to go skiing, sadly. Half of it melted already though with the other day reaching 46 degrees!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2018, 09:02 PM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
6,053 posts, read 3,377,056 times
Reputation: 7690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
I love the fields of untouched white.
Oh definitely. Nothing like making the first foot prints on a giant white plain of snow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2018, 09:04 PM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
6,053 posts, read 3,377,056 times
Reputation: 7690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
Currently a windy 65 degrees with 80% humidity. Not an ideal January day for a lot of people, but for me this type of weather is perfect any day of the year.

That weather is perfect for late April imho. Add a thunderstorm or shower with that smell of grass and rain. That's what spring means to me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top