U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2018, 08:09 AM

44,758 posts, read 36,172,094 times

Advertisements

Today's high is supposed to be in the 50s and low in the 30s - with more of that fabulous sunshine. I may have to hang clothes or sheets outside to dry. LOVE IT. Nothing smells better to me than clothes and sheets dried in the sun all day long. I regularly haul the dog beds and throw pillows and all that stuff outside to air in the sun as well.

At least twice a month I take our pillows and mattress pad and cover and all that outside to air in the sunshine too - the sun is a natural disinfectant and I love the way it makes everything smell so fresh. Pop those pillows into some sun dried pillow cases and spritz them with some lavender water and oh my goodness...that bed...wow. I highly recommend percale sheets by the way. And a clothes line or clothes racks to dry them outside.

Yesterday I just opened my back door and let the cool breeze and warm sunshine pour in. Today is a little too nippy to do that but it's not too cold to hang laundry outside so it's ON!

Since we can hang laundry outside for about ten months out of twelve (and sometimes even in those two "cold and wet" months) my husband bought me some racks to put out on the patio and he said I'm the only woman he's ever known who got excited about hanging laundry outside. But I love it. In our former house he gave me a clothes line for mother's day and I loved that too! LOL

I'm going to go do it right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2018, 09:14 AM

5,183 posts, read 3,718,771 times
Some like vanilla, some like chocolate, some like a swirl. Just be glad we have all flavors available in this country.

Old 01-29-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Some like vanilla, some like chocolate, some like a swirl. Just be glad we have all flavors available in this country.
Amen to that.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:39 AM

5,616 posts, read 3,940,524 times
80s in PHX again. Sunny... as always.

Old 02-01-2018, 11:22 AM

6,060 posts, read 3,386,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post

Sunny here, too. A cold 3 degrees, though I prefer this. Don't wanna see the 80s until at least 3 months from now.

Old 02-01-2018, 02:29 PM

10,789 posts, read 9,425,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Nice! 70's here in Austin under partly cloudy skies. But upper 50's tomorrow and cloudy.

Old 02-01-2018, 03:29 PM

Today the high was in the mid 60s with more of that fabulous sunshine, and I sat out on my patio facing the sun, letting it soak in, listening to birds singing their little hearts out, and my windchimes dancing and playing in the cool, crisp breeze. It felt so good I didn't want to go back inside! Tomorrow will be a mix of sun and clouds and highs "only" in the fifties but that's OK - it's February! This is the time of year around here where I have to remind myself not to plant anything, because we are usually in for a few more frosty nights and mornings. Not being lulled into a false sense of security here! LOL

Old 02-01-2018, 05:35 PM

1,991 posts, read 865,708 times
I think New Yorkers like change of seasons for fashion purposes. I know I do. I love wearing my mackage coat. Lol

Old 02-01-2018, 07:34 PM

4,857 posts, read 2,984,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Today the high was in the mid 60s with more of that fabulous sunshine, and I sat out on my patio facing the sun, letting it soak in, listening to birds singing their little hearts out, and my windchimes dancing and playing in the cool, crisp breeze. It felt so good I didn't want to go back inside! Tomorrow will be a mix of sun and clouds and highs "only" in the fifties but that's OK - it's February! This is the time of year around here where I have to remind myself not to plant anything, because we are usually in for a few more frosty nights and mornings. Not being lulled into a false sense of security here! LOL
We'll be getting daily weather updates in the summer right?

Old 02-02-2018, 08:57 AM

5,286 posts, read 4,159,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
I think New Yorkers like change of seasons for fashion purposes. I know I do. I love wearing my mackage coat. Lol
That's one of the main reasons I couldn't see myself living up north permanently, because I hate heavy clothes. Winter fashion for me is a pea coat with shirt and pants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or