U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2018, 10:39 PM

4,843 posts, read 2,975,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Have fun with your snow! I will be having fun without it!
Fireplace on. Bourbon in my hand and wearing my sweats. Not bad. Why can't you just be happy for us in the snow?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2018, 11:30 PM

3,569 posts, read 6,017,186 times
I would be depressed in the never ending warmth.

Old 02-10-2018, 07:32 AM

5,182 posts, read 3,712,832 times
Who needs a snowblower when you got a T-Rex?

https://www.facebook.com/kristina.cr...0140536581716/

Old 02-10-2018, 09:36 AM

4,843 posts, read 2,975,563 times
About to come down in Denver. Can't wait. At least the 5th time it's snowed here this year and I still get excited.

Old 02-11-2018, 12:11 PM

1,266 posts, read 746,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
I would be depressed in the never ending warmth.
You're nuts!

Old 02-11-2018, 02:58 PM

44,662 posts, read 36,118,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Fireplace on. Bourbon in my hand and wearing my sweats. Not bad. Why can't you just be happy for us in the snow?
I'm happy you're happy with your snow. I'm also happy I don't have to deal with snow.

OMG. We just had an hour of sleet and freezing rain and it's horrible out there. Thankfully it is supposed to actually get warmer between now (4 pm) and 6 pm and it should melt. Thank goodness.

My husband turned around to me when it started sleeting and said, "Honey, do we have enough bread and milk and toilet paper for the next three hours? Because you know, we might get stuck at home."

Old 02-12-2018, 05:53 AM

44,662 posts, read 36,118,702 times
It did NOT melt and we had another round of sleet. Icicles everywhere! It's supposed to be mostly sunny and in the low fifties today - one can only hope. Yesterday was worse than I thought it would be. But this week looks like it should be fine - only one day of rain possibilities and only one night below freezing and not in the same 24 hour period thank goodness.

Speaking of changes of seasons, in spite of the wide range of temps in February and March (it's hard to say whether it will be warm and balmy or sleeting from one day to the next) I do love the capricious ways of spring! We had a fire going last night but by Wednesday I should be able to dig around in the yard in a T shirt. I just hope the sleet didn't hurt any buds that have been trying to sneak out around my yard.

Old 02-27-2018, 11:07 AM

6,054 posts, read 3,379,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones17 View Post
You're nuts!
Nope. I am the same way. I am sorry I actually like the holiday season and they are best served cold

Old 02-27-2018, 11:15 AM

6,054 posts, read 3,379,100 times
We have SO much snow but its melting. Its 41 and sunny and feels sooooo warm. Spring is almost here in a few days. March is pretty unstable but still much milder. Early spring here means melting snow, not budding trees, but I am fine with that. Its maple syrup season!

One thing I was pondering was that when you grow up WITHOUT seasons, your memories feel more blurry. For example I have a really good memory. I was just remembering the after school park I played with my cousin in when I was in first grade. I remember a day he got mad at me because I threw sand in his face. I know I was in first grade in the 2000-2001 school year but because Florida has no seasons I have no clue what month or time of year this was... just that it was before the summer. (We moved to a new house and school summer 2001) Its not THAT big a deal but I feel if you grow up with distinct seasons your memories will be more vivid and easier to pinpoint. The only thing that helps me with that when it comes to childhood memories is birthdays, holidays, summer vacations and special events. The seasons are like nature's time stamps.

Old 02-27-2018, 01:39 PM

18,919 posts, read 6,850,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
We have SO much snow but its melting. Its 41 and sunny and feels sooooo warm. Spring is almost here in a few days. March is pretty unstable but still much milder. Early spring here means melting snow, not budding trees, but I am fine with that. Its maple syrup season!

One thing I was pondering was that when you grow up WITHOUT seasons, your memories feel more blurry. For example I have a really good memory. I was just remembering the after school park I played with my cousin in when I was in first grade. I remember a day he got mad at me because I threw sand in his face. I know I was in first grade in the 2000-2001 school year but because Florida has no seasons I have no clue what month or time of year this was... just that it was before the summer. (We moved to a new house and school summer 2001) Its not THAT big a deal but I feel if you grow up with distinct seasons your memories will be more vivid and easier to pinpoint. The only thing that helps me with that when it comes to childhood memories is birthdays, holidays, summer vacations and special events. The seasons are like nature's time stamps.
I never thought I would see 41 and warm in the same sentence....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or