U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2018, 02:53 PM

2,452 posts, read 1,292,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I never thought I would see 41 and warm in the same sentence....
Well, you can say that a record low of 41F is warm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2018, 03:04 PM

688 posts, read 468,821 times
Why do people that prefer warm weather always so smug about it?

Old 02-27-2018, 03:06 PM

18,926 posts, read 6,929,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpsharky View Post
Why do people that prefer warm weather always so smug about it?
Probably because we get defensive with the majority trying to convince us that cold weather is good

Old 02-27-2018, 03:15 PM

688 posts, read 468,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Probably because we get defensive with the majority trying to convince us that cold weather is good
I get that, but it goes both ways. Me personally, I can't stand any weather, hot or cold, for too long lol

Old 02-28-2018, 12:15 PM

45,200 posts, read 36,401,328 times
Well, as promised, I am updating the thread with the good, the bad, and the ugly in northeast Texas weather.

First of all, the bad and the ugly - we've gotten 7 inches of rain over the past few days. That's typical for this time of year. So it's been rainy, gray, overcast, and occasionally stormy - the usual tornado watches but no warnings, a few spectacular storms (that personally I love but that send my neighbors from out of state into a frenzy of fear). My yard is sodden.

Now the good - we've had highs mostly in the 60s and lows above freezing. I have a covered back porch and I've enjoyed sitting outside even when it's been pouring rain. The birds are going crazy - my feeders are swamped and birds are singing their lungs out constantly. My yard is green and lush. My rose bushes that I trimmed back a few weeks ago are budding like crazy. All my perennials that grow in early spring seem to have survived the winter and are pushing forth new growth.

I am going to visit my daughter in a few days. She lives in Ohio. Good thing I haven't packed away any winter clothes because it will be below freezing there off and on and never warm. And then I'm driving to Pittsburgh for a few days and snow is in the forecast. And sleet. And more gray skies. Oh well. Glad that I'll be coming back home to temps in the 60s in March - much my personal preference!

Old 02-28-2018, 01:20 PM

4,334 posts, read 2,551,992 times
My love for four full seasons was confirmed yesterday when it was near 60 here in Milwaukee. I spent my lunch hour walking around down town in a short sleeve shirt. It felt so refreshing. It's refreshing in the way that is simply not possible if the weather is always the same.

Old 02-28-2018, 01:22 PM

4,894 posts, read 3,017,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
My love for four full seasons was confirmed yesterday when it was near 60 here in Milwaukee. I spent my lunch hour walking around down town in a short sleeve shirt. It felt so refreshing. It's refreshing in the way that is simply not possible if the weather is always the same.
True. I liked the poster, must've been 8 pages ago, who said that change of seasons impact what we eat. I agree. Eating chowder is better when it's cold outside.

Old 02-28-2018, 02:10 PM

233 posts, read 107,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
I used to live in the midwest, I know just how great spring felt, but for me it's not worth it to put up the other months of the year.

Also the feeling you describe...we get this in Miami as well. This winter (Dec 2017-Feb 2018) we had 7 days where the high did not make it to 70 degrees according to official weather reports. 4 in December, 3 in January, and none in February. Those highs were all in the 60s with deep blue skies, windy and a lot of sun. For us that's chilly and refreshing. When we get it, it's a nice excuse to bundle up and feel the chill in the air but when it's over (after 1-2 days at a time) we're happy to be warm again.

Old 03-11-2018, 02:15 PM

4,894 posts, read 3,017,668 times
Some cities in the south already reaching the 90s, or I should say Austin did yesterday, but looks like it's back in the 60s.

Old 03-11-2018, 03:10 PM

2,452 posts, read 1,292,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Some cities in the south already reaching the 90s, or I should say Austin did yesterday, but looks like it's back in the 60s.
Downsloping from Mexico's mountains. Some cities on the Texas border can see 100s even in winter...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or