Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2018, 07:10 PM

12,832 posts, read 9,552,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texyn View Post
Downsloping from Mexico's mountains. Some cities on the Texas border can see 100s even in winter...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2018, 08:44 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,738,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Nope. I am the same way. I am sorry I actually like the holiday season and they are best served cold
Yes, just like this past Christmas, and entirely unlike the previous two Christmases.

Old 03-11-2018, 08:50 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,301,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
It's actually quite incredible how hot some of these areas of Texas?Mexico can get. Laredo only has three months of the year that the record high is below 100F:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laredo,_Texas#Climate

Old 03-11-2018, 08:53 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,301,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
I would be depressed in the never ending warmth.
Subtropical climates like Florida, Australia, etc are the best of both worlds. Just imagine all the growing benefits of a tropical climate, yet with a solid season of cooler temperatures to help suppress the pests.

This is basically the perfect climate:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durban#Climate

Old 03-13-2018, 06:02 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Downsloping from Mexico's mountains. Some cities on the Texas border can see 100s even in winter...
Wow. Glad Texas is a huge state and I don't live anywhere near those places.

Old 03-13-2018, 06:10 AM

Can't complain about the local NE Texas five day forecast at all! Love me some spring:
https://weather.com/weather/5day/l/USTX0234:1:US

Basically highs in the 60s and 70s and lows in the 40s and 50s. Plenty of sunshine. Nice morning thunderstorm thrown in for fun a few days from now. I've started working in the yard and things are already greening up! Woohooo!

For the record, we've had a nice change of season, to stick with the thread premise. We've made the transition from winter to spring and I don't expect any more freezing temps. I am still going to wait a couple of weeks before I plant anything but I think the danger of a freeze is over now. And to think that just a few weeks ago I was sitting by the fire at night and my dogs didn't even want to go outside to do their business because it was "cold." Yep, my dogs are Texans too - LOL. They don't want to go outside if the temps are below 35 or so!

Thankfully all but one of my hydrangea bushes made it through the winter (I planted them last year). They are rejuvenating. This was the first year to cut back my rose bushes as well (it was recommended that I give them three years in the ground before a serious trim). I cut them back a few weeks ago and wow, they are filling out beautifully now! Still no significant leaves on the trees but they are full of buds so that will be next.

Our lawn is already green. WOOHOO!

This is all very gratifying since we just made a road trip through the snow and ice from OH home to Texas. It was still snowing on us in Chattanooga, TN - which is a town I really like but dang. I had to buy a heavier coat on the trip because when I left for OH there wasn't snow in the forecast. Thankfully I bought one on clearance since it was at the end of the season!

Old 03-13-2018, 06:12 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,786,880 times
I hate how dry it's been in TX some of these past few days. It feels more like the transition into fall instead of spring.

Old 03-13-2018, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
I hate how dry it's been in TX some of these past few days. It feels more like the transition into fall instead of spring.
We got a lot of rain - 8 inches in a week two weeks ago and then a bit more rain over the past week. So we're good to go up here in the Tyler area.

Old 03-13-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
Listening to the radio here in Denver and the DJ said if we don't get snow within this month, we are in for a long, hot , dry 6 months.

Old 03-13-2018, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Subtropical climates like Florida, Australia, etc are the best of both worlds. Just imagine all the growing benefits of a tropical climate, yet with a solid season of cooler temperatures to help suppress the pests.

This is basically the perfect climate:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durban#Climate
To each their own, I guess one can describe Cali's mediterranian climate as perfect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.