U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2018, 02:10 PM

6,061 posts, read 3,388,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpsharky View Post
Why do people that prefer warm weather always so smug about it?
Also, why do they brag about wearing flip flops "year round"? No one wants to see your crusty old toes, Cheryl, not in summer and not in winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 02:16 PM

6,061 posts, read 3,388,244 times
Tulip sprouts are starting to come out. Oh, spring, be glorious! ^^ Last spring was beautiful when I visited Minnesota, and now I get to experience the season from beginning to end. Some people think spring should basically be another version of summer, I disagree. I like the transition from snow melting, to flowers blooming and everything being peak green by the end of the season. In Texas everything is already blooming, which is nice and all, but its only March. I like the anticipation of April and May. You don't get that so much down south because it all comes so quickly and then its just hot already.

Old 03-21-2018, 02:33 PM

4,857 posts, read 2,986,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Tulip sprouts are starting to come out. Oh, spring, be glorious! ^^ Last spring was beautiful when I visited Minnesota, and now I get to experience the season from beginning to end. Some people think spring should basically be another version of summer, I disagree. I like the transition from snow melting, to flowers blooming and everything being peak green by the end of the season. In Texas everything is already blooming, which is nice and all, but its only March. I like the anticipation of April and May. You don't get that so much down south because it all comes so quickly and then its just hot already.
Lots of Texas has touched the high 80s.

Old 03-21-2018, 02:34 PM

4,438 posts, read 2,614,235 times
Spring is supposedly here as of yesterday.

With the 4th nor'easter hitting the east coast and North East, in a very very short time, you can't prove it by us.

On the other hand, I noticed the daddies were about 4" out of the ground the last snow melt two weeks ago.

Easter is April 1st, no fools joke, and the earlier it arrives the earlier spring arrives.....GENERALLY.

So maybe there's hope......

Yes, at this point at least the season is overrated.

Old 03-21-2018, 02:41 PM

5,286 posts, read 4,161,400 times
Badger, I'm anticipating April & May just like you are. Yes, things have started to bloom here in Texas, but it's still pretty brown. We still haven't had our first severe storm of the season either. I'd give it a solid month before things peak around here.

Old 03-21-2018, 02:45 PM

5,286 posts, read 4,161,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Lots of Texas has touched the high 80s.
Yeah but it's been bone dry with little rain. Nothing like the typical high 80s we get in May.

Old 03-21-2018, 05:58 PM

44,819 posts, read 36,186,607 times
Here in NE Texas, it's flat out gorgeous. Things are starting to bud out, but just barely. I love seeing the flush of barely green buds as I look out across pastures and wooded areas. My tulips are pushing up but haven't bloomed yet, and only about half my trees have actual baby leaves. Good news is that apparently all my hydrangeas and hostas and grasses made it through the ice and occasional freezing temps, and my oregano and mint are already up and running! Highs in the 60s and 70s with chilly nights still - it's gorgeous. I saw some bluebonnets in bloom the other day too. WOOHOOO!!!!!!

Meanwhile, my daughter in Ohio is getting another snowstorm and she's really starting to get depressed over the ongoing winter weather. I went to visit her a few weeks ago and had to buy a heavier coat when I got there. Goodness!

Old 03-21-2018, 08:38 PM

2,452 posts, read 1,282,037 times
As much as I like rain, the sunny dryness is quite welcome this time of year in Texas. Spring storms are too dangerous (i.e. tornado and hail risk). And there can never be too much benign weather when you're coming off the most miserable winter in decades.

Old 03-21-2018, 08:56 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,990,127 times
I don't mind the change of seasons,but if it's constantly a gloomy winter with snow,or a constantly gloomy summer with rain then no thanks

With all the current Noreasters you've been getting in NYC I felt depressed just watching Good Morning America and the Today Show and seeing all the Gloomy Weather and Snow falling,but that's normal weather in your part of the Country.

Here in California we've been currently getting more rain and clouds,but I can handle it,because it's not like Seattle or Portland weather with the constant gloom and rain

I hope someday you can move someplace where your happier with the climate,because the weather can seriously affect people's moods and lifestyle...I used to live up in Washington State and even though it's green and beautiful there,the weather was a downer for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tman7117 View Post
Not to say that it's wrong to like a change of seasons, but I personally don't see why people like it so much.
Living in the New York metro area, an area that gets 4 very distinct seasons, I can't stand it. Especially the change from summer to fall when it's that awkward point in late September/October and you don't know what to where because it's 40 degrees in the morning and 75 by 1 in the afternoon. Don't even get me started on winter. I'd rather have a year long summer/warm climate like So.Cal or Texas/Florida

Anyone else feel this way?

Old 03-22-2018, 12:52 AM

5,441 posts, read 8,153,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Also, why do they brag about wearing flip flops "year round"? No one wants to see your crusty old toes, Cheryl, not in summer and not in winter.
This lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or