U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2018, 04:26 PM

45,067 posts, read 36,285,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
lol. You’re a peach is like saying bless your heart. Why so upset?
I'm not upset. Maybe one day you will figure out that you do not have the power or place in my life to upset me at all. You do, however, have the ability to entertain me.

Carry on!

Meanwhile, I just came in from doing a little work out in the yard - it's so beautiful outside, and very lush and green. Still a bit nippy at 60 degrees and windy but that sun is glorious and the plants are loving it out there. My roses are going crazy! I mean, in a good way. Really outdoing themselves so far this year. And even my old azaleas, which I thought the cold had finally done in, rejuvenated themselves and are coming back, thank goodness.

I am just hoping that this cooler weather prevails and we have a cooler than average summer like we had last year, which was terrific. I'm not holding my breath though. But that's what air conditioning is for! And vacation. We usually take a trip to a cooler spot like Maine or even overseas in September if the heat is getting a bit too much of a good thing by then. We're planning a trip to Yosemite for this September in fact. I can hardly wait! There are so many wonderful places all over the US at different times of the year. We just went driving around Texas last weekend in fact, enjoying all the wildflowers, especially the bluebonnets. Then came home, built a fire in the fire pit, and sat outside with a glass of wine enjoying the chilly evenings while we can.

In May we're going to the Outer Banks of NC, which is a gorgeous area that time of year. September is Yosemite, like I said, and I think next year we're going to go to the Florida Keys in March or so. In between, there will be lot of weekend trips around Texas - we're really looking forward to spending more time in the Hill Country this fall, and possibly even this summer. Yes, it's hot but like I've said before, coming from New Orleans, and having lived in Georgia and South Carolina for many years, believe me the heat doesn't really get to me much anymore. I just wear linen and some really awesome sunglasses and it's all good! And there's nothing in a hot day that a margarita and some delicious Tex Mex won't fix that evening. Sitting outside on the riverwalk in San Antonio, or at a picnic table in Luckenbach is a bonus!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2018, 04:29 PM

4,874 posts, read 3,000,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I'm not upset. Maybe one day you will figure out that you do not have the power or place in my life to upset me at all. You do, however, have the ability to entertain me.

Carry on!

Meanwhile, I just came in from doing a little work out in the yard - it's so beautiful outside, and very lush and green. Still a bit nippy at 60 degrees and windy but that sun is glorious and the plants are loving it out there. My roses are going crazy! I mean, in a good way. Really outdoing themselves so far this year. And even my old azaleas, which I thought the cold had finally done in, rejuvenated themselves and are coming back, thank goodness.

I am just hoping that this cooler weather prevails and we have a cooler than average summer like we had last year, which was terrific. I'm not holding my breath though. But that's what air conditioning is for! And vacation. We usually take a trip to a cooler spot like Maine or even overseas in September if the heat is getting a bit too much of a good thing by then. We're planning a trip to Yosemite for this September in fact. I can hardly wait! There are so many wonderful places all over the US at different times of the year. We just went driving around Texas last weekend in fact, enjoying all the wildflowers, especially the bluebonnets. Then came home, built a fire in the fire pit, and sat outside with a glass of wine enjoying the chilly evenings while we can.

In May we're going to the Outer Banks of NC, which is a gorgeous area that time of year. September is Yosemite, like I said, and I think next year we're going to go to the Florida Keys in March or so. In between, there will be lot of weekend trips around Texas - we're really looking forward to spending more time in the Hill Country this fall, and possibly even this summer. Yes, it's hot but like I've said before, coming from New Orleans, and having lived in Georgia and South Carolina for many years, believe me the heat doesn't really get to me much anymore. I just wear linen and some really awesome sunglasses and it's all good! And there's nothing in a hot day that a margarita and some delicious Tex Mex won't fix that evening. Sitting outside on the riverwalk in San Antonio, or at a picnic table in Luckenbach is a bonus!
lol. You’re great

Old 04-15-2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
lol. You’re great
Thanks, you're making me blush.

Well, not really but I thought it might be a nice thing to say.

Old 04-15-2018, 05:15 PM

4,874 posts, read 3,000,080 times
Quote:
Thanks, you're making me blush.

Well, not really but I thought it might be a nice thing to say.
Kind of like "bless your heart?"

Old 04-16-2018, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Kind of like "bless your heart?"
Well, in all fairness, "bless your heart" is sometimes meant in a genuinely kindhearted way.

It's all in the delivery - which is hard to decipher online.

Meanwhile, here in NE Texas, today's weather should be absolutely smashing - not literally, figuratively. High of 73, low of 38, nothing but sun all day long, and for the first time in days, calm winds out of the south. We had two seasons in just a few days! I can almost hear the plants growing outside. I think I may have to plant some tomatoes.

Old 04-21-2018, 11:28 AM

6,072 posts, read 3,399,662 times
Spotted the first flowers! This has been a record breaking April for snow but the snow is mostly gone and it's uphill from here on out

Old 04-21-2018, 05:19 PM

3,085 posts, read 2,129,271 times
Quote:
Well, in all fairness, "bless your heart" is sometimes meant in a genuinely kindhearted way.

It's all in the delivery - which is hard to decipher online.
Spending many summers with my Grandparents in Texas and visiting friends in Missouri and Oklahoma, I'll concur that delivery is every bit as important as the actual phrase in order to differentiate the intent.

Old 04-22-2018, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
Spending many summers with my Grandparents in Texas and visiting friends in Missouri and Oklahoma, I'll concur that delivery is every bit as important as the actual phrase in order to differentiate the intent.
You got dat right.

Fabulous spring time here - I just went out and cut a lot of flags and put them in a tall vase - they do so well in a vase and it's like bringing spring indoors!

Old 04-28-2018, 02:52 PM

295 posts, read 204,971 times
People will say they love having all 4 seasons, while continually booking trips to Florida and Arizona throughout the winter to escape that brutal cold. Stay there if you love it so much.

Old 04-29-2018, 06:14 PM

9,013 posts, read 2,748,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heterojunction View Post
People will say they love having all 4 seasons, while continually booking trips to Florida and Arizona throughout the winter to escape that brutal cold. Stay there if you love it so much.
And, lots of people who say they like having all 4 seasons, never have booked trips to Florida or Arizona. That includes myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or