U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2018, 10:36 PM

4,839 posts, read 2,973,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heterojunction View Post
People will say they love having all 4 seasons, while continually booking trips to Florida and Arizona throughout the winter to escape that brutal cold. Stay there if you love it so much.
Maybe the people that say they love 4 seasons aren't booking trips to Arizona? Maybe those are the ones that like hot weather?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2018, 11:26 PM

2,860 posts, read 1,252,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heterojunction View Post
People will say they love having all 4 seasons, while continually booking trips to Florida and Arizona throughout the winter to escape that brutal cold. Stay there if you love it so much.
Those must be the people who aren't loving the 4 seasons that much

You won't see me in Florida or Arizona in winter. I am usually seeking out places to enjoy snowmobiling, ice skating or just enjoying the winter weather.

Old 04-30-2018, 05:49 AM

44,651 posts, read 36,106,549 times
I'm fine with four seasons - in fact, I prefer four seasons. I just don't want six months of cold. I prefer seasons evenly spaced out but since life hasn't worked out for me to live in Virginia, I'd rather have six months of heat rather than six months of cold so I live in Texas, which thankfully is my second most favorite state (Virginia being my first).

Old 05-16-2018, 03:42 PM

6,053 posts, read 3,377,056 times
This year's spring has been insane in Minnesota.
March was average. Nothing crazy. A few snow storms, some rain, a good thaw. We had one lovely day in the low 50s. No bitter cold anymore like in February. Typical March.

April was record breaking though, tons of snow. 15 inches! It was a record breaker which broke the 1983 record for April snow. But by the last third of the month it was gone. Warm spring weather finally kicked in and it got so warm we had our first 80s on April 30th.

May has been a-May-zing! So far much above average. Its been warm to hot. A bit of rain, a lot of sun. Things were late to bloom but now we're reaping the benefits finally. Today is 86 degrees and I'm in nothing but swim trunks and a baseball cap, about to enjoy a frozen daiquiri

I love winter but when it does drag, you appreciate the spring and summer even more. I just love having seasons and considering this year is about the worst it can get for April... I think its gonna be all right. If I can handle this, then I'm all set!

Old 05-17-2018, 08:39 PM

Denver already getting hot. I think it was in the 80s today.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:03 PM

6,488 posts, read 16,146,115 times
Spring was late to arrive but I’m enjoying it while it’s here. I’m sitting in my hammock outside right now at 11pm. Pleasant 65 degrees in the air and my beer is about 34 degrees.

Old 05-18-2018, 07:07 AM

6,937 posts, read 6,545,853 times
My favorite season is when the seasons are changing. I would hate to not have that. I get most bummed at the peak of summer.

Denver weather has been described not as having 4 seasons, but as a constant battle between summer and winter. The changes are awesome.

Old 05-18-2018, 08:20 AM

122 posts, read 57,628 times
I have lived in places with seasons and without. I think overall I prefer a mild/warm climate without seasonal changes but there is no feeling in the world that can describe the first warm/sunny days after a long, cold winter. The energy needs to be experienced to believed. Also, I like how the seasons have their own personalties. Winter is cozy, indoors, and catch up with family. Spring is rebirth. Summer is frantic, outdoors, friends. Fall is almost melancholic, wistful, and reflective.

If I were to pick somewhere with 4 seasons it would be NYC-Washington DC, true even seasons. You get those snowy, cold, bitter days. Long, pleasant falls, and more pronounced springs. By the time you get into the upper-midwest, the winters are too long, and the springs too short.

Old 05-18-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TasteofSourCherry View Post
I have lived in places with seasons and without. I think overall I prefer a mild/warm climate without seasonal changes but there is no feeling in the world that can describe the first warm/sunny days after a long, cold winter. The energy needs to be experienced to believed. Also, I like how the seasons have their own personalties. Winter is cozy, indoors, and catch up with family. Spring is rebirth. Summer is frantic, outdoors, friends. Fall is almost melancholic, wistful, and reflective.

If I were to pick somewhere with 4 seasons it would be NYC-Washington DC, true even seasons. You get those snowy, cold, bitter days. Long, pleasant falls, and more pronounced springs. By the time you get into the upper-midwest, the winters are too long, and the springs too short.
That but also the first cold front in the fall after 100 days with the HI above 90. Denver has pretty true seasons as well.

Old 05-18-2018, 09:36 AM

122 posts, read 57,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
That but also the first cold front in the fall after 100 days with the HI above 90. Denver has pretty true seasons as well.
I never lived in Denver just went a couple times to ski. Winters tend to be very sunny and warm (for winter) with 40s and even 50s being the norm as I remember it. Mornings are obviously a lot colder. I'd imagine that even if it gets hot in the summer during the hottest part of the day it cools off nicely by nighttime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or