U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2018, 09:55 PM

45,109 posts, read 36,318,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Your compassion overwhelms me. It rarely rains in Colorado, so this will be a treat.
Glad you're going to get it then and glad I'm not! Hey, did you get any of that golf ball sized hail they were forecasting today? I sure hope not.

Oh and batten down the hatches because your winds tomorrow are forecast to be out of the north and 25 mph - yikes!

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/05/1...thunderstorms/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2018, 09:58 PM

I'd love to keep this going but I have to get an early start tomorrow since you know, the royal wedding and then the yard guy - and the sun will be coming up early so I better hit the hay!

Old 05-18-2018, 10:04 PM

4,880 posts, read 3,004,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Glad you're going to get it then and glad I'm not! Hey, did you get any of that golf ball sized hail they were forecasting today? I sure hope not.

Oh and batten down the hatches because your winds tomorrow are forecast to be out of the north and 25 mph - yikes!

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/05/1...thunderstorms/
Yeah, it never hails in Texas.

Old 05-19-2018, 06:48 AM

Beautiful late spring day here - here's the forecast for this evening for where I am. I love temps in the mid 80s - to me that's prime! And look at all that sun...

I've already been outside pitterpattering around in the gardens.
Attached Thumbnails
Are "change of seasons" overrated?-may-texas.jpg  

Old 05-19-2018, 08:33 AM

6,085 posts, read 3,404,486 times
Quote:
Beautiful late spring day here - here's the forecast for this evening for where I am. I love temps in the mid 80s - to me that's prime! And look at all that sun...

I've already been outside pitterpattering around in the gardens.

We've been constantly hitting mid 80s most of the month, and I been enjoying it because our sun isn't too strong like down south so its nice and warm without frying your face. I know yesterday got super hot in North Texas, though! I'm not quite ready for 90s yet.

Old 05-19-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
We've been constantly hitting mid 80s most of the month, and I been enjoying it because our sun isn't too strong like down south so its nice and warm without frying your face. I know yesterday got super hot in North Texas, though! I'm not quite ready for 90s yet.
Bring it on!

I've already got a decent tan and my yard has lots of trees and shade so I'm not worried about the sun. I'm a porch sitter from way on back - if I don't spend some time every morning and every evening sitting on the patio with my dogs, I don't feel like I've lived!

I usually eschew that though in July and August when even the nights are hot around here. (Still usually brave it in the morning.) I do prefer my evenings to be cooler than 85 degrees!

Old 05-19-2018, 10:39 AM

6,569 posts, read 10,299,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
A 51 degree day sandwiched between weeks in the high 70s? I'll take it! May have to break out a jacket.
Not gonna lie, it's a little raw out there. A week ago today I was hiking in the foothills in similar temps. Other than the fog obliterating what should've been an awesome view of Red Rocks 1500' directly below us it was a great hike. Around 2000' of vertical gain over 1.8 miles with a little bit of scrambling near the summit.

Been gone from DFW for almost 7 years exactly. Haven't once considered moving back because of how wretched May-September is there.

Old 05-19-2018, 10:49 AM

2,452 posts, read 1,288,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Been gone from DFW for almost 7 years exactly. Haven't once considered moving back because of how wretched May-September is there.
The problem with DFW in summer is all that heat and humidity in the summer, yet little/none of the benefits. Like much of the Southern Plains, it falls under a stagnant subtropical ridge, which kills off rainfall, and the verdance that comes with it.

Old 05-19-2018, 11:22 AM

I don't much care for summers in the DFW area either, and that's one of many reasons why I choose not to live there. Too dry, too much concrete, too much heat retained, too much too much too much.

It gets hot for a long time here too (an hour east of Dallas) but we have more hills, more trees, more greenery, and more shade. I believe more rain too. It's just more verdant here. That's important to me. I can stand the heat but I hate when things get dry too.

Old 05-19-2018, 11:29 AM

6,085 posts, read 3,404,486 times
Quote:
Bring it on!

I've already got a decent tan and my yard has lots of trees and shade so I'm not worried about the sun. I'm a porch sitter from way on back - if I don't spend some time every morning and every evening sitting on the patio with my dogs, I don't feel like I've lived!

I usually eschew that though in July and August when even the nights are hot around here. (Still usually brave it in the morning.) I do prefer my evenings to be cooler than 85 degrees!
Today is cloudy and a high in the low 60s which is a nice break from the heat we've had, though more 80s to come. I hope summer 2019 is nice and hot because I'll be able to enjoy that summer more than this one. This summer I'll be too damn busy! I don't mind hot summers here because of all our lakes, just like I don't mind cold winters... all our lakes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or