U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2018, 05:12 PM

4,856 posts, read 2,984,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Not gonna lie, it's a little raw out there. A week ago today I was hiking in the foothills in similar temps. Other than the fog obliterating what should've been an awesome view of Red Rocks 1500' directly below us it was a great hike. Around 2000' of vertical gain over 1.8 miles with a little bit of scrambling near the summit.

Been gone from DFW for almost 7 years exactly. Haven't once considered moving back because of how wretched May-September is there.
Cloud cover today made the mountains look awesome. Majestic.

Chandler, TX looks like it's due for some mid 90s for most of the rest of the month. That's spring in Texas I guess. That's summer in most places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2018, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Today is cloudy and a high in the low 60s which is a nice break from the heat we've had, though more 80s to come. I hope summer 2019 is nice and hot because I'll be able to enjoy that summer more than this one. This summer I'll be too damn busy! I don't mind hot summers here because of all our lakes, just like I don't mind cold winters... all our lakes!
I'm ok with some heat, especially from June-August. Septembers are still tough in Texas, sometimes even October.

Old 05-19-2018, 08:11 PM

44,775 posts, read 36,172,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Chandler, TX looks like it's due for some mid 90s for most of the rest of the month.

Next few days the highs are supposed to be in the upper 80s - that feels great to me! Actually anything under about 95 feels great to me so I guess I'm living in a place that's perfect for me. I do find it odd that you're so interested in the weather in Chandler, Texas of all places. Seems like you'd have enough going on where you live to keep you entertained.

But whatever floats your boat.

My yard looks GREAT by the way - the sun was shining, a nice little breeze blowing, and as I've stated, my yard is so full of trees that it's dappled with a nice mix of sun and shade all day. The grass is lush and green and my hydrangeas and roses and elephant are knocking themselves out! Between the royal wedding on inside and the yardwork outside, I had a very pleasant day today. I find it very rewarding to have a beautiful yard. Plants grow easily and in abundance around here.

I want to remind you of something. The nature of my husband's work means that we can literally live anywhere in the world, as long as there's a good airport nearby. Since his income is good, cost of living doesn't limit us much if at all. We chose to live in northeast Texas - out of every place in the world, including Denver. We love it here.

I'm glad you love where you live too but your continual exaggerations and negative talk about weather where I live (not where you live, where I live) is pretty weird, don't you think? Why do you keep going on about it?

Old 05-20-2018, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Next few days the highs are supposed to be in the upper 80s - that feels great to me! Actually anything under about 95 feels great to me so I guess I'm living in a place that's perfect for me. I do find it odd that you're so interested in the weather in Chandler, Texas of all places. Seems like you'd have enough going on where you live to keep you entertained.

But whatever floats your boat.

My yard looks GREAT by the way - the sun was shining, a nice little breeze blowing, and as I've stated, my yard is so full of trees that it's dappled with a nice mix of sun and shade all day. The grass is lush and green and my hydrangeas and roses and elephant are knocking themselves out! Between the royal wedding on inside and the yardwork outside, I had a very pleasant day today. I find it very rewarding to have a beautiful yard. Plants grow easily and in abundance around here.

I want to remind you of something. The nature of my husband's work means that we can literally live anywhere in the world, as long as there's a good airport nearby. Since his income is good, cost of living doesn't limit us much if at all. We chose to live in northeast Texas - out of every place in the world, including Denver. We love it here.

I'm glad you love where you live too but your continual exaggerations and negative talk about weather where I live (not where you live, where I live) is pretty weird, don't you think? Why do you keep going on about it?
I think you got it wrong. It's you that is worried about it. I posted that it was 100 degrees in San Antonio at 530 pm. Thought that was awful, but it wasn't directed at you. You came back with "well good thing I live 6 hours away." I then pointed out that your weather was actually similar to SAn Antonio's. If you look forward, your highs will be around 95 to finish off May. That's not "negative talk." It's just facts.

I can tell I've struck a nerve with you as you seem to get triggered when I mention anything about Texas. Why is that? Why do you get upset when I say things like "100 degrees in San Antonio is way too hot for mid-May?"

Fact of the matter is, although it's inadvertent, I love how upset you get. And it's you that gets upset, nobody else. Why do you have to continually justify where you live to a guy like me? Either way, I am flattered.

Old 05-20-2018, 07:07 AM

6,855 posts, read 7,802,585 times
Good lord - is this thread still going? Houston friends tell me itís been in the 90s for most of May with no relief in sight. Until October. Funny because were having trouble getting spring to take hold here in Philly.

Old 05-20-2018, 07:30 AM

2,452 posts, read 1,281,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Good lord - is this thread still going? Houston friends tell me itís been in the 90s for most of May with no relief in sight. Until October. Funny because were having trouble getting spring to take hold here in Philly.
Gaylord and Kathryn still haven't gotten a room yet.

Old 05-20-2018, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
I think you got it wrong. It's you that is worried about it. I posted that it was 100 degrees in San Antonio at 530 pm. Thought that was awful, but it wasn't directed at you. You came back with "well good thing I live 6 hours away." I then pointed out that your weather was actually similar to SAn Antonio's. If you look forward, your highs will be around 95 to finish off May. That's not "negative talk." It's just facts.

I can tell I've struck a nerve with you as you seem to get triggered when I mention anything about Texas. Why is that? Why do you get upset when I say things like "100 degrees in San Antonio is way too hot for mid-May?"

Fact of the matter is, although it's inadvertent, I love how upset you get. And it's you that gets upset, nobody else. Why do you have to continually justify where you live to a guy like me? Either way, I am flattered.
You are constantly posting about weather in Texas when you live in Denver, CO. You know that's the truth. Don't be disengenuous.

Old 05-20-2018, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texyn View Post
Gaylord and Kathryn still haven't gotten a room yet.
I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Today's highs should be in the upper 80s - typical for May in northeast Texas. I like it, some people don't. Oh well.

Back to the original pretense of the thread, no, I don't think changes of seasons are "overrated." I like the different seasons and I do find summers to be long and hot in Texas and winters to be GREAT but a bit too short. I prefer four equal seasons but with mild winters. Coastal Virginia is my favorite climate but even then you have to consider hurricanes and lots of wind. I don't know of any place that's absolutely perfect because even if the weather pattern is good, then you still have to consider other factors that have nothing to do with weather. For instance, I'd move to Virginia but I have no family there, and I'd basically have to start life completely over and frankly, I have a good life here so it's not worth the bother, especially when I can visit any time instead of packing up and moving. I'm just too comfortable where I am, I guess, to feel a need to move elsewhere.

Old 05-20-2018, 08:11 AM

20,131 posts, read 11,162,288 times
When I lived in Hawaii, change of seasons was noted by which flowers were blooming. That was fine for me.
There has never been a snowfall I have ever missed that I ever missed.

Old 05-20-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
You are constantly posting about weather in Texas when you live in Denver, CO. You know that's the truth. Don't be disengenuous.
But I wasn't posting about Chandler.....I was posting 6 hours away from your safari in Chandler.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or