U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2018, 10:30 AM

4,872 posts, read 2,997,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Good lord - is this thread still going? Houston friends tell me itís been in the 90s for most of May with no relief in sight. Until October. Funny because were having trouble getting spring to take hold here in Philly.
Yes. I had the audacity to post a SAN weather update.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2018, 04:39 PM

401 posts, read 273,104 times
Short and quick answer - the change of seasons is worth it. So much change and beauty. But winter can get so annoying after awhile.

Old 05-23-2018, 07:16 AM

21,364 posts, read 21,922,845 times
it's not that cold

Old 05-24-2018, 10:19 AM

6,072 posts, read 3,397,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
I'm ok with some heat, especially from June-August. Septembers are still tough in Texas, sometimes even October.
I remember September 2015 being crappy in Texas. Coolest I felt that month was only 62. We still had temps in 90s and I think a few 100s.

October 2015 was waaay better

September 2016 was an improvement, with the first 50s that came that season coming pretty soon in that month. It was much better than 2015's

October 2016, however, was the opposite! It sucked! Hotter than September with only a few nice cool days. We drove to Kansas for a day in late October and I was hoping for cool weather there too but we arrived to 77 degrees. Oh well, better than 90s lol.

November is the only reliable fall month in Texas. But to compare, November 1st 2015 had a good amount of fall colour already where as November 1st 2016 was still mostly green.

I'd much rather deal with a cold crappy spring in MN than a hot crappy fall in TX. Our April is more "springy" (by a long shot) than their October is "autumnal." And I personally prefer fall to spring, anyway.

Old 05-24-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g500 View Post
Short and quick answer - the change of seasons is worth it. So much change and beauty. But winter can get so annoying after awhile.
Same with summer. Spring and fall never get "annoying" because they never overstay their welcome. Summer and winter are dominant seasons in any place.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:47 PM

45,030 posts, read 36,268,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Same with summer. Spring and fall never get "annoying" because they never overstay their welcome. Summer and winter are dominant seasons in any place.
This is true. I feel the opposite of you though - I'd personally rather deal with a long, hot summer than a long cold winter, but to each his own!

Old 05-26-2018, 07:25 PM

4,872 posts, read 2,997,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
I remember September 2015 being crappy in Texas. Coolest I felt that month was only 62. We still had temps in 90s and I think a few 100s.

October 2015 was waaay better

September 2016 was an improvement, with the first 50s that came that season coming pretty soon in that month. It was much better than 2015's

October 2016, however, was the opposite! It sucked! Hotter than September with only a few nice cool days. We drove to Kansas for a day in late October and I was hoping for cool weather there too but we arrived to 77 degrees. Oh well, better than 90s lol.

November is the only reliable fall month in Texas. But to compare, November 1st 2015 had a good amount of fall colour already where as November 1st 2016 was still mostly green.

I'd much rather deal with a cold crappy spring in MN than a hot crappy fall in TX. Our April is more "springy" (by a long shot) than their October is "autumnal." And I personally prefer fall to spring, anyway.
Hot falls are the worst. You've just gone through hell from June - August so you're looking forward to relief in September. Not in Texas.

Old 05-26-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Hot falls are the worst. You've just gone through hell from June - August so you're looking forward to relief in September. Not in Texas.

Well could be worse lol.. 18 years in Florida.

Right now it feels like I'm in Texas with highs pushing the 90s. Its worse cuz I have no AC at home. Its so stuffy! Summer's not even here yet but I'm already looking forward to fall if this is how its gonna be this year!

Old 05-27-2018, 06:25 AM

45,030 posts, read 36,268,604 times
Yesterday was lovely here - I spent most of the day outside and I don't take that for granted because summers are long around here (and winters are blessedly short). It's almost June and typically I still enjoy mornings and evenings outside in June but July, August and September can be a bit much, other than the early morning hours. Not sure what sort of summer we are going to have but it seems to me to be shaping up as "typical." Not hotter or cooler than average from what I can tell so far.

Thank goodness for air conditioning! And water sports!

Getting the boat out on the lake this week and I'm really looking forward to that. Hopefully we'll go to Caddo Lake, which is full of moss laden cypress trees - very picturesque.

Old 05-27-2018, 06:50 AM

300 posts, read 124,774 times
I’d say if anything they are underrated. Many people in the northeast grovel over Floridian winters. While I admit I’d love to spend at least part of the winter there to escape the dreary winter here, I’d dearly miss the magic of spring as things slowly warm, bloom and green, the excitement of summertime and the glory of high fall colors. No, I’d personally dislike living in a climate with two to three seasons with less dramatic shifts, such as the West Coast and South Florida. I like the intensity of the northeastern climate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or