Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2017, 10:13 PM

7,528 posts, read 10,187,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingsoon81 View Post
I want to go to a park in the summer and have it look completely different in the fall and winter. Heck, I even love seeing barren winter trees.
Me too. Maybe you’ll like my picture of Rockford Park in Wilmington, DE taken on Saturday:

(my pic)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2017, 09:48 AM

134 posts, read 143,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Me too. Maybe you’ll like my picture of Rockford Park in Wilmington, DE taken on Saturday:

(my pic)
Yes, that it what I am talking about! So gorgeous! I lived up in the Northeast for a while and loved the quietness of the parks in the winter. No one around, snow covered trees, so gorgeous and underrated!

Old 12-13-2017, 09:51 AM

134 posts, read 143,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Agree, I think you get the 4 seasons but unlike Denver, you get some rain. Perfect.
Denver is a nice city weather wise with lots of great recreation nearby. Definitely would consider it if they got more cloud coverage throughout the year and more rain! Can't stand the dry weather - waking up parched every morning and worrying about carrying extra water on the trails.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:21 AM

12,734 posts, read 9,363,481 times
Quote:
Denver is a nice city weather wise with lots of great recreation nearby. Definitely would consider it if they got more cloud coverage throughout the year and more rain! Can't stand the dry weather - waking up parched every morning and worrying about carrying extra water on the trails.
Well said. Give me some rain.

Old 12-13-2017, 12:02 PM

2,969 posts, read 1,922,510 times
Agreed. Heat, thunderstorms, and rain are awesome. Cold, snow, and ice, not so much.

Old 12-13-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Well said. Give me some rain.
Many (perhaps most?) northerners hope each year for a white Christmas. My work friend and got a kick out of someone from San Francisco who said it didn’t feel like Christmas unless it was raining.

Old 12-13-2017, 12:15 PM

12,734 posts, read 9,363,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Many (perhaps most?) northerners hope each year for a white Christmas. My work friend and got a kick out of someone from San Francisco who said it didn’t feel like Christmas unless it was raining.
I meant throughout the year, not necessarily Xmas.

Old 12-13-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
I meant throughout the year, not necessarily Xmas.
Didn’t assume you did. I like a broad variety of weather, hence my preference for a 4 season climate. The one thing I miss about Houston weather are the epic downpours and thunderstorms that fire up quickly and move on. I’m not sure I’m missing it so much any more, however. Houston has had serious flooding in each of the last 3 years and conditions are in place that favor more in the coming years.

Flipping things, it rare that Houston has a rainy day. Those I missed. Rainy days are a good days to stay inside and read or practice some other form of lethargy. As I said, it’s generally all sturm und drang then it moves on about as quickly as it came.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:23 AM

7,725 posts, read 6,361,184 times
You know what actually does suck about winter up north? Static shocks!

Old 12-14-2017, 08:36 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,906,368 times
Quote:
Lol me too...I used to love all the tornado warnings in the Midwest. Really, it was exciting as they never caused much damage near us. And nothing beats a thunderstorm, especially in Tennessee. Tennessee had some of the most magnificent storms I have ever seen. Really, Tennessee has the perfect weather period and I would go back in a heartbeat if I was up for a really long move.

Those dark stormy days change the overall mood. I love reading a good book, having an old-fashioned board game day with my husband, or simply enjoying the storm from the deck. The simple things in nature are most valuable, and thus, the appeal of moving out of Phoenix! The changes in weather really make the entire year more exciting and give you more to look forward to. I want to see different sights throughout the year, look forward to new activities, and look forwarding to changing weather patterns. I want to go to a park in the summer and have it look completely different in the fall and winter. Heck, I even love seeing barren winter trees.

Fall is an incredible time of year. I love crisp cool days where the sunlight makes the golden and red foliage stand out even in more in comparison to the green leaves. A perfect day of hiking in cool temps (cool enough for say a light North face jacket) followed by a a trip to a local coffeehouse for a cup of tea or coffee by the fire. Oh do I miss that!!
Give it some time. Phoenix gets cold at night in winter. Expect many nights in the 30s.

The best part about winters here? No snow to shovel. No slippery roads. No rusted cars. No frostbite. No black ice. No gasping for air as sub zero wind chills suck the air out of your lungs. No scraping ice from car windows. No slipping on ice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.