Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2018, 12:26 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,455,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
LOL I said spring STARTS in February. I didn't say it stayed! Also, it's not all greened up but it starts getting green here in February. (NE Texas)

I just like fall colors - don't really care when they happen. Most of our leaves are gone now here but we had gorgeous fall colors a couple of weeks ago.

We've also already had snow flurries - had them the week before Thanksgiving. But that's not typical.

I mean I could say "spring starts in February" here too because we may hit 45 degrees
I see October as the quintessential fall month so I love for it to peak by then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2018, 03:51 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,886,374 times
Brrrrrr it's cold out there - it's about 50 degrees! And we've had a bit of frost several mornings already. And the trees are nearly bare. Feels like Christmas in Dixie to me!

Old 12-07-2018, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Brrrrrr it's cold out there - it's about 50 degrees! And we've had a bit of frost several mornings already. And the trees are nearly bare. Feels like Christmas in Dixie to me!

SMH lol. Its a frosty 7 degrees here. My grandma and brother fly in Sunday to visit me. Looks like a nice winter day when they land. High of 25 low 14 and sunny. My grandma's never seen snow before so I'm glad we have some.

Old 12-07-2018, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
SMH lol. Its a frosty 7 degrees here. My grandma and brother fly in Sunday to visit me. Looks like a nice winter day when they land. High of 25 low 14 and sunny. My grandma's never seen snow before so I'm glad we have some.
Yikes.

Yep if you're going to be that cold, you may as well do the whole cold thing and throw in plenty of snow.

I just ordered a sweater for our winter weather and can't wait to wear it!

Old 12-07-2018, 05:32 PM

20,862 posts, read 9,527,489 times
50 degrees isn't cold, lol.

Old 12-07-2018, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
50 degrees isn't cold, lol.
Cold enough for me!

Today it was only about 45 so that was REALLY cold.

Old 12-12-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Yikes.

Yep if you're going to be that cold, you may as well do the whole cold thing and throw in plenty of snow.

I just ordered a sweater for our winter weather and can't wait to wear it!

Funny thing is I expected my grandma to be a bit wimpy about the cold, cuz in Florida she says 60 is "cold," but she says she loves the cold. Says its dry and fresh, not like "the damp Florida cold." Go figure!

Old 12-12-2018, 12:58 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,176,722 times
Quote:
Funny thing is I expected my grandma to be a bit wimpy about the cold, cuz in Florida she says 60 is "cold," but she says she loves the cold. Says its dry and fresh, not like "the damp Florida cold." Go figure!
You guys have snow over there? It's raining in Milwaukee. It's weird to see all the snow in NC and TN and grass in WI.

Old 12-12-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I don't get it but go Grandma!

Old 12-13-2018, 06:41 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tman7117 View Post
Not to say that it's wrong to like a change of seasons, but I personally don't see why people like it so much.
Living in the New York metro area, an area that gets 4 very distinct seasons, I can't stand it. Especially the change from summer to fall when it's that awkward point in late September/October and you don't know what to where because it's 40 degrees in the morning and 75 by 1 in the afternoon. Don't even get me started on winter. I'd rather have a year long summer/warm climate like So.Cal or Texas/Florida

Anyone else feel this way?

How we measure things in life is almost always via contrast. If there was no contrast in life, you would not like or dislike anything. Contrast gives life "flavor" and the consequence is that sometime the flavor is bitter and sometimes its sweet but if everything was sweet then nothing would be sweet and if everything was bitter then nothing would be bitter because everything is relative.

That having been said, contrasting seasons gives life more "flavor". I am not a big fan of winter/bitter but it makes summer taste that much sweeter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.