Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2018, 07:17 AM

7,528 posts, read 10,255,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Pot, meet kettle. Cheers!
Not exactly. Unless you’re quoting me, I tend to ignore most of your long, tedious and repetitive posts extolling the unparalleled life that one can find in your forgotten corner of the country. You, on the other hand, can’t seem to resist the urge to make an editorial note on nearly every single post I’ve made in this thread (the quoted post above being yet another example).

So go ahead and indulge your other impulse: your obsession with having the last word. Seriously, be my guest . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2018, 08:04 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Not exactly. Unless you’re quoting me, I tend to ignore most of your long, tedious and repetitive posts extolling the unparalleled life that one can find in your forgotten corner of the country. You, on the other hand, can’t seem to resist the urge to make an editorial note on nearly every single post I’ve made in this thread (the quoted post above being yet another example).

So go ahead and indulge your other impulse: your obsession with having the last word. Seriously, be my guest . . .
Why, thank you! You're so sweet! (I know you'll read this whether you respond or not, so I'm sure you'll appreciate my affectionate vibes.)

I don't live in some "forgotten corner of the country." I live about an hour outside of the Dallas metroplex, where unemployment is lower than the national average, and the growth rate is higher than the national average, so apparently I'm not the only person who likes it around here.

As for "making editorial notes on nearly every single post you've made on this thread," sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't even generally pay a smidgen of attention to who the author of any post is. Sorry, but it's just not important to me. Maybe it is to other people, I don't know, but you can rest assured that I rarely notice it.

But now that you mention it, I see that, well, you are you, so here's a Merry Christmas greeting to you and yours!

Oh wait - I need to add a picture:
Attached Thumbnails
Are "change of seasons" overrated?-luckenbach-upsized-2-.jpg  

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 12-24-2018 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: Added a Christmas picture.

Old 12-24-2018, 02:35 PM

I hope I set the climate control on automatic rather than heat in case the AC needs to kick on. I actually prefer it to be a bit nippier on Christmas but at least it will get into the 30s tonight so that's nice. In a few days the highs will be in the 40s and that's downright cold around here for daytime.

Old 12-26-2018, 04:01 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,457,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
I’m jealous. Our hopes for a white Christmas this year are dashed. Enjoy!

Wasn't enough snow to do anything with but was better than it being completely brown. Was a nice Christmas. Hope next year is way better though, and not just in snow depth!

Old 12-26-2018, 05:15 PM

3,416 posts, read 2,455,833 times
San Diego got some snow in its mountains 1 hour outside the city while it rained pretty much everywhere else. We went to our cabin about 2 hours from here and woke up to 3 inches of snow Chritsmas morning. It snowed all morning long making for a nice Christmas, until I had to dig out boulder sized snow blocks in front of my driveway left by the snow plow. We’re back home now where it’s 65 and sunny. I will say it looks a lot like fall today. Pretty much all the deciduous trees still have most of their leaves and a good portion got knocked off by the rain yesterday.

Old 12-26-2018, 10:15 PM

We are getting a nice thick snowstorm. Better late than never.

Old 12-27-2018, 07:35 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
...and again, Dave Dahl fails to deliver on one of his empty promises...Boooo! Dave Dahl, hisssss

Old 12-27-2018, 08:20 AM

1,083 posts, read 1,035,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Not really...WE are the getting a nice thick snowstorm. You will be getting mostly slush and freezing rain.

Old 12-27-2018, 09:20 AM

My daughter in Dayton got snow on Christmas morning but then it quickly turned to rain and slush and melted off by noon. But they sort of had a white Christmas!

It's weird, but they nearly always get whatever weather we just had, a day or two later, and about 10 to 20 degrees cooler. We just had massive storms (and five more inches of rain, which we didn't need) last night and lots of wind, and now a cold front is moving in after this warm front went through on Christmas and the day after. So now they are about to get those same storms and warmth before it gets cold again. It's always interesting to me when a system comes through Texas and continues on to affect them all the way up in Ohio.

Today it will still be warmer than usual, but by tomorrow we should be back in our typical 50s/30s groove again, throwing in a few lows in the 20s and highs in the 40s over the next week or so. It's supposed to rain AGAIN Sunday. If anyone say the word "drought" around me anytime soon I am going to run them out of town on a rail.

Old 12-27-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsnicker3 View Post
Not really...WE are the getting a nice thick snowstorm. You will be getting mostly slush and freezing rain.

Well we WERE getting a snowstorm when I wrote that lol. Now its just slush and rain. Really weird outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.