U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 02:32 PM

44,823 posts, read 36,186,607 times

Advertisements

It's 73 degrees and sunny in Dallas today. Humidity is 33 percent. Wind is from the north at 18 mph.

https://weather.com/weather/today/l/USTX0327:1:US

In other words, beautiful, brisk fall weather. Tonight's low should be around 50. Perfect fire pit weather, as long as the wind settles down, which it is forecast to do.

WOOHOOOOOO!!!!! Everyone will be wearing their boots and scarves in the evening - LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2017, 02:40 PM

4,857 posts, read 2,986,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
It's 73 degrees and sunny in Dallas today. Humidity is 33 percent. Wind is from the north at 18 mph.

In other words, beautiful, brisk fall weather. Tonight's low should be around 50. Perfect fire pit weather, as long as the wind settles down, which it is forecast to do.

WOOHOOOOOO!!!!! Everyone will be wearing their boots and scarves in the evening - LOL.
And then back to the mid 80's next week, but that's not bad for Texas. Of course it's 89 in Houston at the moment wit ha heat index of 94. There's your pumpkin spice latte weather Kathryn!

Old 10-15-2017, 02:53 PM

20,852 posts, read 35,958,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

No, that isn't brisk fall weather. That would be temperatures 20F colder than that with wind. However, you live in Texas at a very low latitude with a brutal sun angle. Even 73F would feel exceptionally warm to me at that location.

Old 10-15-2017, 03:43 PM

9,013 posts, read 2,736,967 times
Agreed. "Brisk fall weather" would be in the 50's or 60's and lows in the 40's, maybe even the 30's. Had a day like that today here in KC. That "brisk fall weather" forecast in Dallas would be typical summer weather in Seattle. If a day can be considered summer anywhere in the Lower 48, in my book it's not "brisk fall weather."

Old 10-15-2017, 04:46 PM

18,927 posts, read 6,873,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Agreed. "Brisk fall weather" would be in the 50's or 60's and lows in the 40's, maybe even the 30's. Had a day like that today here in KC. That "brisk fall weather" forecast in Dallas would be typical summer weather in Seattle. If a day can be considered summer anywhere in the Lower 48, in my book it's not "brisk fall weather."
That's literally the dead of winter here, and on the colder days.

What is "summer" "spring" "fall" or "winter" weather is different in different climates.

A "brisk fall day" here, based on our climate would be 70s high, 40s to 50 low

Old 10-15-2017, 05:56 PM

9,013 posts, read 2,736,967 times
I think the point of dispute here is the usage of the word "brisk." To me that implies it's cold enough to at least consider wearing a jacket. I know few people who would claim they need to wear a jacket when it's in the 70's.

Old 10-15-2017, 06:00 PM

Quote:
I think the point of dispute here is the usage of the word "brisk." To me that implies it's cold enough to at least consider wearing a jacket. I know few people who would claim they need to wear a jacket when it's in the 70's.
Honestly 70s is considered brisk in a lot of Texas.

Old 10-15-2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
That's literally the dead of winter here, and on the colder days.

What is "summer" "spring" "fall" or "winter" weather is different in different climates.

A "brisk fall day" here, based on our climate would be 70s high, 40s to 50 low
You're right. It's jacket time when it hit's 80 in Texas.

Old 10-15-2017, 08:51 PM

377 posts, read 202,362 times
Quote:
I personally wouldn't wear a jacket if it were 73F (unless it were raining and/or windy) but I know many people who would. It's not that complicated.

But, if it were 73F/50F as this Kathryn person suggested, I'd definitely bring a jacket if I were planning to stay more than a few moments outside. 73F is the absolute high, most of the day will be somewhere between 50F and 73F and 60s is quite chilly with no jacket if there is no sun to warm you up.

Old 10-17-2017, 06:51 AM

44,823 posts, read 36,186,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
And then back to the mid 80's next week, but that's not bad for Texas. Of course it's 89 in Houston at the moment wit ha heat index of 94. There's your pumpkin spice latte weather Kathryn!
I don't live anywhere near Houston - and that's my choice. What's great about living in Texas is that the state is so big, if you don't like one weather pattern you can just move to another region with weather more to your liking and still live in Texas!

Today's low was about 40 degrees - which is pretty dang nippy to me. In fact, my heater kicked on last night and I was thankful for it! It's only 44 degrees now and the sun is up. Now THAT is pumpkin spice latte weather for me - if I drank such stuff, which I don't!

Here in northeast Texas, our ten day forecast shows nearly all days in the 70s and 60s for highs and the lows in 40s and 50s. Abundant sunshine of course - this is Texas.

A couple of days with highs in the low 80s but I don't mind the low 80s during a few days in mid October, as long as the nights are cool (gotta love that porch sitting and fire pit!). But it looks like fall is here. The trees around here think so anyway - starting to see that fall color!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or