U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 05:23 PM

5,655 posts, read 8,665,613 times

Advertisements

Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 03:33 PM

44,797 posts, read 36,186,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Oh BS, you are always replying to anything that you deem is negative to Texas. You did it in the other thread as well. I'm stating facts. "hey, it was 94 in Dallas today. Pretty hot in October." Your rebuttal is always full of anger. Saying Texas is hot is not a negative at all. It's a fact. Now the fact that you try to spin things in your favor is on you. You were just as antagonistic in the other weather thread.

I get that you love Texas, hell, I lived there for 30 years, but there's a world outside of Texas, and maybe Texans need to know that at some point.

And if Denver is like any place in the world, what makes Tyler so special?
LOL I'm not even from Texas. I've lived in Europe, Asia, and several regions of the US. So yeah - I'm aware there's a world outside of Texas.

As for the rest of your post, meh. Some people like northeast Texas, some don't - that's fine.

Old 10-25-2017, 03:34 PM

6,905 posts, read 3,840,727 times
I like the one in New York that over looks Central Park.

Old 10-25-2017, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Maryland has pretty consistent 4 seasons.

Yep, I LOVE me some Maryland weather! Pretty much four equal seasons of three months each = got some cool, rainy springs, some hot summers, crisp fall days with lots of fall colors, and a bit of snow several times during the winter. It's great! Of course that's just my personal opinion.

I'm really looking forward to the next few days - lows in the 30s and 40s - great porch sitting around the fire pit, and hot tub weather!

We just got back from visiting family in Ohio and wow, the fall colors are amazing up there - pretty much at their peak. They are just now starting to turn here.

Old 10-25-2017, 10:57 PM

4,857 posts, read 2,986,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
LOL I'm not even from Texas. I've lived in Europe, Asia, and several regions of the US. So yeah - I'm aware there's a world outside of Texas.

As for the rest of your post, meh. Some people like northeast Texas, some don't - that's fine.
Obviously not fine with you, but carry on. And even though you're not from Texas, you are a Texan, so naturally, like 95% of Texans, you flip out at any perceived slight of your state.

Old 10-26-2017, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Obviously not fine with you, but carry on. And even though you're not from Texas, you are a Texan, so naturally, like 95% of Texans, you flip out at any perceived slight of your state.
Honey, I'm not flipped out. I'm just stating that I think the weather here this fall has been and continues to be gorgeous. You don't like it, I do. OK. I'm glad you don't live here and glad that I do. Like I said, everyone wins!

And yes, I do consider myself a Texan - thanks for the compliment. Though I do hail from a place that's consistently hotter and muggier than East Texas ever could even dream of being - New Orleans. Laissez les bon temps rouler! Now THERE'S a place with no significant winter. Four seasons - Summer, Still Summer, Almost Mardi Gras, and Mardi Gras.

By the way, it's 49 degrees right now. Here's a picture from last night (to be repeated many, many times over the next 7 or 8 months):
Attached Thumbnails
Where to go for four seasons?-fire-pit-feet.jpg  

Old 10-26-2017, 07:12 AM

18,927 posts, read 6,873,423 times
Quote:
Honey, I'm not flipped out. I'm just stating that I think the weather here this fall has been and continues to be gorgeous. You don't like it, I do. OK. I'm glad you don't live here and glad that I do. Like I said, everyone wins!

And yes, I do consider myself a Texan - thanks for the compliment. Though I do hail from a place that's consistently hotter and muggier than East Texas ever could even dream of being - New Orleans. Laissez les bon temps rouler! Now THERE'S a place with no significant winter. Four seasons - Summer, Still Summer, Almost Mardi Gras, and Mardi Gras.

By the way, it's 49 degrees right now. Here's a picture from last night (to be repeated many, many times over the next 7 or 8 months):
What baffles me is that the people who like Continental or Oceanic climates act like that is the norm, when the majority of the world's population lives in the tropics and subtropics

Old 10-26-2017, 07:40 AM

377 posts, read 202,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
What baffles me is that the people who like Continental or Oceanic climates act like that is the norm, when the majority of the world's population lives in the tropics and subtropics
There is something trendy almost 'hipsterish' to like cold climates these days in the USA. Especially online.

But as it's true for most likes. A lot of it is controlled by prevailing culture. In Russia for example, a lot of the people will claim they love hot climates, beaches and when they go to places like Thailand, they will lay out in the sun without sunscreen and get severe sun burn which they then bring back home as a badge of honor.

Whereas in a lot of Asian countries, the people hate heat, and avoid the sun like the plague. A lot of Chinese travel to Greece in December, as an example, and while this is to avoid the prices of high season, they also proudly say that avoiding the sun and heat is an added bonus. A friend of mine who AirBnBs his place in Santorini says he's booked solid through the cold/rainy season by Chinese tourists.

All of which can be explained by cultural norms that somehow made themselves widespread in the cultures.

Old 10-26-2017, 07:55 AM

11,290 posts, read 7,879,581 times
El Paso Texas gets my vote. Dry, warm to hot but not too hot summers as in Phoenix, a taste of winter and a short rainy season in the summer.

It's falls are as perfect as it gets! It really has to be the best climate in the US

Old 10-26-2017, 08:10 AM

6,061 posts, read 3,388,244 times
Quote:

Denton is getting below freezing tomorrow night (and we are getting a snowstorm lol) I am not sure if Tyler will too, but that's impressive for Texas so early in the season! Damn, why couldn't that happen last October? Last October I was dying in Texas it was way too hot. Was a crappy fall. Looks like y'all are having a nice one! Ours has been nice too but August made a return in late September and November has invaded the last week of October. Oh Well! Colours were amazing and theres still some left, I am not complaining
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or