U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 11:22 AM

57 posts, read 53,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
Hmmm.... I see a pattern. Maybe Six Flags should have to surrender their parks before the rest of them are decimated....
Six Flags almost went bust in 2009, if they did, all of their parks would get new owners that would also give their parks new names.

Last edited by TTG2020; 10-21-2017 at 12:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2017, 08:59 PM

3,819 posts, read 5,200,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG2020 View Post
Six Flags almost went bust in 2009, if they did, all of their parks would get new owners that would also give their parks new names.
SOME of their parks would get new owners. Others would be pieced out then left to rot, because that is the way Six Flags does things. Not a fan. I was pretty neutral until they bought Geagua Lake and turned it into the wasteland it is today. (I know Cedar Fair 'owned it last', but it was a great little park until Six Flags came in and went on an unsustainable building spree.) I grew up outside Flint, Michigan, watching another of Six Flags' parks just waste away empty.

Old 10-22-2017, 07:17 AM

1,172 posts, read 477,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
Boston does not I believe.
Boston has the Franklin Park Zoo, though itís not very good. Not worth a visit in my opinion.

Old 10-22-2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachslunch View Post
Boston has the Franklin Park Zoo, though itís not very good. Not worth a visit in my opinion.
There's a difference between a weak zoo and an actually bad zoo, though going into the latter's a discussion for a different topic.

Old 10-22-2017, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
Boston does not I believe.
There's no amusement park in the city of Boston, though the third post in the topic talks about both offerings in Massachusetts and offerings that are less than an hour from Boston. There's also a smaller amusement park that's less than an hour from Cape Cod.

Last edited by TTG2020; 10-22-2017 at 08:15 AM..

Old 10-25-2017, 12:45 PM

None of the rides in Montana's only amusement park with roller coasters (Amusement Park Drive-In) have been running since after the 2015 season because of the floods in the area around that time. Billings does have a currently running zoo though (ZooMontana).

Old 11-13-2017, 08:18 AM

1,258 posts, read 621,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
Phoenix doesn't have an amusement park. Charlotte, Las Vegas, and Austin don't have zoos.
Seven nights a week Vegas has a zoo...........it's called the Strip.

Old 11-14-2017, 07:19 AM

1,500 posts, read 1,350,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I know Wichita, KS used to have an amusement park, but no longer does. Oddly enough(and apologies to anyone from Wichita reading this thread), I'm forgetting the name of it at the moment. I feel bad about that, but maybe I'll remember the name later? And as for Geauga Lake, the water park half of that park operated till the end of 2016, when Cedar Fair(parent company that ran this park, and also other ones like King's Dominion in Virginia, Cedar Point in Sandusky, etc) suddenly chose to shut down that water park.

The Chicago area used to have several, btw. Kiddieland in Melrose Park closed after I believe the 2009 season(RIP), and Riverview Park used to operate at Belmont and Western until the end of the 1967 season I believe. I think there are a few others, I'm forgetting. Santa's Village in West Dundee, IL reopened as Santa's Village AZOOSment Park, or under some new weird name like that. Don't know how the new one there compares today, to the original Santa's Village park I once went to years ago. And of course, the main one our area has is Six Flags Great America, in Gurnee.

I think neither Milwaukee or Detroit have any amusement parks, in their metro area. But correct me if I'm wrong. I'm less sure about zoos, so no comment there.
Detroit kind of had a local amusement park, even though it was over on our side of the border in Canada, Boblo Island, which was in Amherstburg Ontario, in Metro Windsor! It was around from 1898 to 1993, and had two large Boblo Boats that would ferry the people of Detroit to the island.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobl...Amusement_Park

Old 01-03-2018, 05:07 PM

321 posts, read 160,060 times
Delaware, Alaska, and Hawaii are the only three states with no roller coasters according to rcdb.com. However, both roller coasters in Montana are "SBNO" (standing but not operating).

Old 01-03-2018, 08:01 PM

7,739 posts, read 6,132,233 times
Baltimore has a zoo and aquarium, but no amusement parks. Luckily we're close to quite a few (one being in the Baltimore CSA) and a few just outside of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or